• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NEW Pettingill LAP STEEL!!!

Quarter

Cool ... glad it got there ok and that you are digging it, I enjoyed building it for you. :)

noisemaker

I have a question.. is it that the fingerboard is so low or that the bridge is so high that the action is so high???

Quarter

I have a question.. is it that the fingerboard is so low or that the bridge is so high that the action is so high???
A little of both actually, the action on a lap steel is higher than on a normal guitar.
You need to have enough clearance so that both that your picks don't drag and enough room to get a finger around / under a string for behind bar pulls.

noisemaker

A little of both actually, the action on a lap steel is higher than on a normal guitar.
You need to have enough clearance so that both that your picks don't drag and enough room to get a finger around / under a string for behind bar pulls.

cool.. so you can put a lap steel bridge on a regular guitar and get higher action right?

duckbunny

cool.. so you can put a lap steel bridge on a regular guitar and get higher action right?
Better yet, put a Lap steel pickup in an electric, put on a new nut (or use an over-the-nut unit), jack up the action, and away you go...
Works for Ry Cooder! :AOK

-db

noisemaker

Better yet, put a Lap steel pickup in an electric, put on a new nut (or use an over-the-nut unit), jack up the action, and away you go...
Works for Ry Cooder! :AOK

-db

hah.. im not talking about that.. just get higher action on my guitar :)

Trending Topics