NEW Pettingill LAP STEEL!!!

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
This blew my mind, sounds AMAZINGLY PHAT
if you are looking into a Lap Steel you really should contact Tom and talk to him I've included a link to some of his work check it out!
DSC03918.jpg

DSC03914.jpg

R-004-18.jpg

Here is Tom's Link:
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/tompettingill/
Also if Your Into PUPS
http://www.bg-pups.com/

Quarter

Cool ... glad it got there ok and that you are digging it, I enjoyed building it for you. :)

noisemaker

I have a question.. is it that the fingerboard is so low or that the bridge is so high that the action is so high???

Quarter

I have a question.. is it that the fingerboard is so low or that the bridge is so high that the action is so high???
A little of both actually, the action on a lap steel is higher than on a normal guitar.
You need to have enough clearance so that both that your picks don't drag and enough room to get a finger around / under a string for behind bar pulls.

noisemaker

A little of both actually, the action on a lap steel is higher than on a normal guitar.
You need to have enough clearance so that both that your picks don't drag and enough room to get a finger around / under a string for behind bar pulls.

cool.. so you can put a lap steel bridge on a regular guitar and get higher action right?

duckbunny

cool.. so you can put a lap steel bridge on a regular guitar and get higher action right?

Better yet, put a Lap steel pickup in an electric, put on a new nut (or use an over-the-nut unit), jack up the action, and away you go...
Works for Ry Cooder! :AOK

-db

noisemaker

Better yet, put a Lap steel pickup in an electric, put on a new nut (or use an over-the-nut unit), jack up the action, and away you go...
Works for Ry Cooder! :AOK

-db

hah.. im not talking about that.. just get higher action on my guitar :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom