New POD HD500 firmware available now...

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by KozMcCharlie, Feb 14, 2012.

1. KozMcCharlie

KozMcCharlie Member

But it ain't the big 2.0...

:bonk

2. HolyMuffDiver

HolyMuffDiver Member

3. KozMcCharlie

KozMcCharlie Member

POD HD500 Flash Memory v1.43 RELEASE NOTES

Important Note:
    It is highly recommended that this update is installed in a specific sequence along with POD HD500 Edit v1.08. Please see the installation notes* below.

Bug Fixes
    This update addresses a bug which allows invalid data to be introduced to presets. The invalid data is caused by asynchronous communication between the POD HD500 hardware device and the POD HD500 Edit software application. In rare instances recalling presets containing invalid data may cause intermittent high volume events.
    Installing POD HD500 firmware v1.43 POD and HD500 Edit v1.08 prevents invalid data from being introduced into presets. During synchronization between POD HD500 and POD HD500 Edit, the hardware displays a “Sync In Progress” message and does not respond to any buttons or knobs until synchronization is complete.

Additionally any presets which contain invalid data are reset to an initialized state. These presets are easily identified as “New Tone (Reset)”.

*Installation Notes
    Please follow these steps sequentially:
    Disconnect any audio connections to the POD HD500, connect to the computer via USB and save a preset Bundle, Set Lists, or individual presets from POD HD Edit v1.06 (if you do not wish to save any existing presets you may skip this step)
    Quit the POD HD500 Edit app and launch Line 6 Monkey to install POD HD500 Edit v1.08
    Complete the POD HD500 Edit installation, connect the POD HD500 to your computer’s USB port, and launch Monkey to install POD HD500 Flash Memory v1.43
    During installation Monkey will ask if you want to keep your presets – click “No”, and complete installation following the on-screen instructions.
    Launch POD HD500 Edit to restore any saved presets.

Known Issues
    The current version of POD HD500 Edit (v1.08) does not provide provisions to control Variable Input Impedance nor Global Input Selection parameters. These features are currently only accessible within the POD HD500 hardware GUI.
    FAQ For more information about POD HD500, the POD HD FAQ can be found here.

Advanced User's Guide The latest version of the Advanced User's Guide for the POD HD500 can be found here.
    OS: Mac OS X, Mac OS Leopard, Mac OS Snow Leopard, Mac OS Lion
    ( 33.19 MB ) Get*Download

4. KozMcCharlie

KozMcCharlie Member

Good news for those who experienced "intermittent high volume events" I suppose...

5. GuitarKidd

GuitarKidd Member

I myself have only heard the squeal once. But I have been noticing other issues. My problem that occurs is that I will change to a patch, and the HDEdit will only show 4 empty blocks and a empty amp block. There will be nothing to the right of the amp block. And it basically blows out all my patches on my HD500. It's very odd and frustrating. Hopefully this will resolve it.

6. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Ya, guitarkidd, I have had something like that happen once. I had to do a global reset and restore all my saved bundles.

7. Excelsis

Excelsis Member

hah... Line6 have very good sense of humor... :D

8. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Supporting Member

I'm not surprised. They seemed to take that one issue pretty seriously and several people have suggested that they'd probably deal with it first.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  9. clintmartin

clintmartin Member

I've had to re-flash the hd500 a time or two, but that's been my only issues. Anyhoo guess I'm updated and ready for 2.0!

10. echos

echos Member

I'm having this issue once every other day or so. How do you do a global reset?

11. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

And rightly so!

That said...

I want my
    I want my
    I want my two-point-oh...

12. Mr. Brady

Mr. Brady Member

For a second there I though the wife was going to have a lonely valentines day evening.

13. Rena Rune

Rena Rune Member

This feel, pretty much.

Line 6 have to be one of the few companies in existence to announce a firmware version before the next firmware is even out. I doubt we'll be seeing it anytime in the next month or so.

14. KozMcCharlie

KozMcCharlie Member

Sounds like we're being given the ol' rope-a-dope. Seems they just wanted to hype up some modeler stuff for NAMM.

15. CaptainCrunch

CaptainCrunch Member

Doug posted this in another thread on 2/11, I am hoping he has some insider knowledge and I'm not reading too much into that comment.

16. Tarkus

Tarkus Member

As someone who usually keeps HD500 edit hooked up when tweaking and practicing, I can say that i've had numerous hi volume events when hooked up to edit.

17. eclecto-acoustic

eclecto-acoustic Supporting Member

Now that the fix is out I guess I can run my mouth.

The guy directing the private beta was awesome about communicating with some of us who have been experiencing the issue. It might seem like a big wait for some folks, but it was a necessary part of getting this pretty critical bug fixed.

I'm pretty impressed.

Next up, 2.0!

18. mdme_sadie

mdme_sadie Member

Yeah they did a great job. It had to be fixed first as people were baying for blood on the forums. They listened closely and did a bang up job.

19. GuitarKidd

GuitarKidd Member

I played around with HDedit and the 500 tonight for about an hour trying to get it to crack under pressure and it didn't give me any problems that I had experienced before.

20. eclecto-acoustic

eclecto-acoustic Supporting Member

Same experience here. Normally I could get it to screech pretty readily. I did everything I could to break it with the new EDIT and F/W, and it just wouldn't go.

I'm almost disappointed. Though, my ears are probably thankful.

Some of us also noted that presets load faster on startup than they did before. Big plus.