• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

new production Fender tele

ballynally

I recently played a new(ish) Fender tele. It has (oh horror) a belly curvature like a Strat. Soooo not cool i thought. Very unsymetrical. It flies in the face of us proud gentlemen stand up and be counted hard edged no frills Tele guys. But then i played it and i liked it just the same, including curvature
It seemed to me a rather tamed Tele, in between a Strat and a Tele, soundwise, but very sweet and nice.
Something for Strat players wanting a kinda Tele sound or vise versa

sshan25

Supporting Member
There has never been anything even remotely symmetrical about a Tele.

73Fender

I recently played a new(ish) Fender tele. It has (oh horror) a belly curvature like a Strat. Soooo not cool i thought. Very unsymetrical. It flies in the face of us proud gentlemen stand up and be counted hard edged no frills Tele guys. But then i played it and i liked it just the same, including curvature
It seemed to me a rather tamed Tele, in between a Strat and a Tele, soundwise, but very sweet and nice.
Something for Strat players wanting a kinda Tele sound or vise versa
That's how I have viewed Am Std Teles. Kind of half way into Strat territory. I do like mine though.

Johnny2013

Yes! I just picked up a roadworn 50s and they are way less beat up now than the first run but I totally agree. The rw 50s is spectacular though I agree it should be nos not rw...and mia..its a real tele...the belly cuts ARE pretty comfy though I have to admit (dont own and am std but have played a bunch)

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
I have a 2012 American Standard Tele and and a 2012 American Standard Strat. Other than the belly cut, they're not even remotely similar. They sound nothing alike. I love them both, but the Tele particularly is an exceptional guitar. It'll chicken pick like a Tele should, but it can rock really hard too. Tame is not a word I'd use to describe it. It can get really aggressive.

I don't have a sizable belly to speak of, but the cut still feels more comfortable to me.

Polynitro

never even considered the standard and probably never will.

theres too many great teles id rather have

51nocaster,52ri 62ri 58ri roadworn, mim 50s, mim60s, mim 72 custom, ,mim james burton,mim muddy waters, mim esquier, cij 52 , cij62, cij paisley, cij 52splkeef, cij jeff beck, etc etc etc

the standard is waaaaay down on this list

ballynally

Tame is not a word I'd use to describe it. It can get really aggressive.
With 'tamed' i actually meant that it seems the tone is more rounded, or acoustic, like a Strat. It is not tame as such, just a little less hard edged.
Come to think of it, it sounds a bit like a thinline tele.
That might be considered a good thing. Both a Strat and Tele can rock depending on how you drive..., excuse me, ride it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom