• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New production Sovtek tubes or NOS

Creighton

Need to know if new Sovtek tubes are as good in every way as NOS?

I have no experience with new ones, but some NOS I have (5881's, 12ax7's) sound damn good and I need another set.

Cheers

clumpster

No they are not. Some of the new Russian stuff is good.

CW

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Strat

Nothing new production is "as good in every way" as any NOS tube if both are in proper working order. I've dealt with both for over 10 years. Tone is totally subjective but longevity and quality of materials used are not.

bluesmann8

There's a few 12AX7 shoot outs that you can read the results of. And nos vrs New production stuff. NOS wins everytime. I doubt any new tube made today will spec out to or sound as good as RCA.

LowWatt

Wait, do you mean Sovtek vs. NOS tubes in general or new Sovtek vs. NOS Sovtek tubes from say 20 years ago?

Chicago Slim

I'm still useing my old supply of Tung Sol 5881's, and RCA pre-amp tubes. But I've also had good luck with the new Sovtek EL84M's, and Sovtek made Svetlana 6L6's.

tejastubes

Need to know if new Sovtek tubes are as good in every way as NOS?

I have no experience with new ones, but some NOS I have (5881's, 12ax7's) sound damn good and I need another set.

Cheers
no,,,they are not. Again I will post the Mullard film reels here which clearly illustrates how much different they are.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom