New PRS endorser & sig model ... wow ...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Kiwi, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Kiwi

Kiwi Silver Supporting Member

2. Kinkirsi

Kinkirsi Member

3. ddeand

ddeand Silver Supporting Member

It will be real interesting to hear how that guitar sounds in Johnny's hands. I know he could get almost any sound he wanted from his customized Tele - but will this guitar get those sounds? I'm betting that he will be able to do just about anything he wants on the PRS.

On another note, is this the first maple neck model that PRS has ever made? I don't think I've seen one before.

Dean

4. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

I assume you mean maple fretboard since there have been a number of maple necked PRS models.

The earliest CEs came with maple fretboards. The Custom 22 Soapbar was available with a maple fretboard and the Swamp Ash Special still has a maple fretboard option.

5. big mike

big mike Fixed Bias Moderator Staff Member

Johnny sounds like Johnny on a CE24, so I bet this is just fine!

6. c_mac

c_mac Supporting Member

When I heard that Johnny was going to get a PRS sig I was really excited. I thought that this was finally the chance for PRS to finally open up and try something new and different from what they are known for (2 humbucker, mahogany/maple). Instead it's just a Custom 24 with a maple neck and fretboard. I know it's Johnny's guitar and not mine, so obviously it must be what he wanted and I'm ok with that, but I'm just disppointed that it isn't anything special.

7. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

8. PaulE

PaulE Supporting Member

I don't think it matters what kind of guitar that boys holding-something pretty's gonna come out the amp!

9. Tone Shop Guitars

Tone Shop Guitars Member

The guitar has BIG dots and you can also bend behind the nut. Johnny seemed real proud of it. He is just the nicest guy.
    Tr

10. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

I'm quite sure Johnny will sound amazing no matter what, but what's interesting about this guitar is that it is kind of the anti-tele! He's have to completely change or even lose some standard tele techniques; no more behind the nut bends, the trem will make bends and double stops totally different, and humbuckers will change the whole gain structure of his signal path. Also, no more pinky tone-wah effects, but at least the vol knob is in the right place for vol swells. He'll gain trem antics, a couple of extra frets on the high notes, and the ability drive an amp harder. It should be interesting to see how the guitar changes his style.....

11. Roe

Roe Member

the nes sd HB pups is supposed to be modelled after the bardens