New PRS guitar for Mayer

Benz2112

Supporting Member
Looks like he has a new version of the Super Eagle, and some kind of private stock McCarty, both with triple humbuckers.

mdrake34

PRS has something in the works, but is being tight lipped about it at the moment.
It’s definitely a modified 594. He’s already played a blue modified 595 with custom wound pickups in the past couple of years, but this is an evolution of that. Not sure what the mini toggle is, might be the preamp from the Super Eagle. It appears to be more simple than the SE as far as controls.

In the videos I’ve seen on YouTube of this tour it sounds great through his Dumble ODS.

Gclef

I read the title and got excited for a second, thinking that Paul was running for mayor.

Then I thought mayor of where?

Then I saw the "a" and said never mind

Chris Scott

I'm not much of a PRS kinda guy, but that seems like a pretty well designed instrument.

I'd like to try one on a gig, just to see how that preamp works.

tildeslash

Supporting Member
I suspect he is working on a Tele model - a PRS version of a Tele reimagined.
I also suspect for the next decade every two or three years a new model will be coming out or some variation every year.

Year one - Silver Sky
Year two - Silver Sky with new colors
Year three - Silver Sky with NarrowFields or some version of humbuckers or nothing - just new colors
Year four - Silver Sky with maple fretboard
Year five - Silver Sky with flatter fretboard like 10 inches or just more new colors
Year six - Silver Sky baritone
Year seven - Silver Sky with multiple pickup configurations for the modders - replaceable pickguards with different pickup combinations.
Year eight - Silver Sky midi - just kidding - I have no idea anymore
Year nine - Silver Sky Tele
Year ten - 10th anniversary model with ebony fretboard and birds in super flight
Year eleven - Release of the S2 Silver Sky

Comanche5

I suspect he is working on a Tele model - a PRS version of a Tele reimagined.
I also suspect for the next decade every two or three years a new model will be coming out or some variation every year.

Year one - Silver Sky
Year two - Silver Sky with new colors
Year three - Silver Sky with NarrowFields or some version of humbuckers or nothing - just new colors
Year four - Silver Sky with maple fretboard
Year five - Silver Sky with flatter fretboard like 10 inches or just more new colors
Year six - Silver Sky baritone
Year seven - Silver Sky with multiple pickup configurations for the modders - replaceable pickguards with different pickup combinations.
Year eight - Silver Sky midi - just kidding - I have no idea anymore
Year nine - Silver Sky Tele
Year ten - 10th anniversary model with ebony fretboard and birds in super flight
Year eleven - Release of the S2 Silver Sky
Year twelve - realizes he wasted his time and returns to playing Fenders full time