New prs mikael alerfeldt, amazing

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Curban, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Curban

Curban Member

Ijist picked up one of these after a month of research on a budget guitar with all my needs. 24 frets, trem, single cut, and Humbuckers

First impressions before mods: I loved the neck (always been a fan of sanded necks have done it too all my guitars at this point) it's smooth and a bit chunkier than a normal PRS neck which I can find to be a little uncomfortable for my hands.

The pickups sounded Decent a little to bright and trebly for my tastes. Everything else about it was surprisingly top notch the "flame" is subdued but I actually like the way it looks. The bird inlays look great and are a nice addition and the Opeth logo although not a fan doesnt bother me in the least [​IMG]

Being the fickle man I am it was time to fix even the littlest thing that bugged me. So out went the pickups and tuners. And in went seymour Duncan hot rods and hipshot locking tuners. I also added in a push pull switch for coil splitting and gold screwless humbucker covers. I think it came out great and sounds beautiful ontop of being the classiest looking guitar I own.

[​IMG]

All that's left is a graphtech nut and saddles for this baby next week. And it'll be all set couldn't be happier with the results, look, and sound

2. ef_in_fla

ef_in_fla Member

Awesome! I added similar pickup covers to my SE singlecut and it looks 100% better.

3. movingpictures

movingpictures Supporting Member

I picked up a used Akesson SE model that had BKP Black Dog pups and sperzel tuners already on it. Great specs, sound. And only $500!! Can't beat it

4. Curban

Curban Member

Agreed picked this beauty up for 480 and it was pretty much mint some guy came in to the store and wanted to sell 3 of them at once. They checked to make sure they weren't stolen, everything checked out but the guitar still had all the clear plastic on the back plastic covers.

I was really amazed for a trem bridge at the amount of sustain it carries unplugged.