New QSC Mixers

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
This has been in the works for some time/expected for Winter NAMM. Like you, I'm intrigued!

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
Old school mixers are gonna get cheap fast.
I wonder what the price on these QSCs is gonna be.

petty1818

They seem to offer a lot of features that I want. It looks like you can record out (hoping multi track), It's light weight, has enough inputs and outputs, Has a touch screen attached and can also use a device through wifi to mix the sound up front. I am hoping this turns out to be a killer board.

petty1818

+1

Sample-rate?

Looks great and I hope it's not too expensive!
I don't know if this is correct but I did a search and found that the 16 channel version will be around $1200.00 with the 8 channel at about $899.00. I don't find those prices that bad, especially since the suggest price is often higher than what they go for. I would be tempted just to pick up the 8 channel even if I end up getting a larger analog board.

jimfist

very cool. Looks like they nailed most of the important features. My only two comments: touch screen might be a tad crowded, would be nice if were just a little bigger; does this thing recall input gain on the channels? This is one feature that the next level up in digi mixers has over the $800 - $1200. I agree, though, this will put a huge dent in the Mackie 1608 current market share if performance is solid and sounds reasonably good.

RobJ

Platinum Supporting Member
They seem to offer a lot of features that I want. It looks like you can record out (hoping multi track), It's light weight, has enough inputs and outputs, Has a touch screen attached and can also use a device through wifi to mix the sound up front. I am hoping this turns out to be a killer board.
From their website:

Recording

14 tracks, requires USB 3.0 HD, minimum 7800 RPM

20 tracks, requires USB 3.0 HD, minimum 7800 RPM

Looks like it will do multitrack.

sacakl

Gold Supporting Member
Just when I thought I was ok with my current mixer, this comes along. Very interesting. I currently use all QSC powered speakers as it is -- subs, k10's, k12's. Will keep my eye on this.

petty1818

oneleftnut

Anyone at NAMM that can wander over to the QSC booth? Get us some pics and/or details? Would love to know the ETA on these.

JCM 800

I'll have to find out some details from my friend who is in sales from QSC now that it has been shown at NAMM. I asked him a few months ago about the rumour there was a new mixer coming at NAMM and he said only a handful of people had even seen it (he hadn't) and QSC was being very tight on any info about it.

QSC products are always a cut above for the prosumer user and are rock solid with great warranties. I've used many of their products over the years and none have ever given me an ounce of trouble.

JamminJoe

Can't wait to check this out. Glad I held off on the x32. With mixers becoming digital, it feels like they become obsolete too quick like keyboards and processors.