New Re- Designed Hermida Reverb

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarman_1, Feb 28, 2012.

1. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

Alf sent me along this beauty. I have to say, Its sounds every but as good or better then the original version. Its re-designed to fit into a pedalboard friendly enclusure, as we all know how valuable space on our boards is, and he tweaked a few things on it too. He told me its a little more than the original, as parts and re tooling cost a bit more, but at $125.00, its still the best bang out there for a simple great sounding reverb. Here is a pic of it, and I like it!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. vintage saddles

vintage saddles Supporting Member

3. succor

succor Member

Cool. Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

4. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Sound bits sound great. The Reverb 2 is available on their site, I ordered one earlier.

5. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Silver Supporting Member

6. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

As an owner and fan of the Hermida Reverb1, cool and darn! I hope there will be some AB clips between the two pedals soon.

7. Class5

Class5 Member

Crap! I have the bigger version. The best pedal reverb I've ever had I must say.

8. Steve73

Steve73 Member

Yeah, this is good news. The first version I had sounded great, I liked it better than the Wet with my rig.

9. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

The only real difference is the redesigned board (sizewise/ layout) and smaller enclosure. The tone and response is the same. Nothing to worry about if you have a V1. You arent giving anything up but realstate on your board.

10. Jesus freak

Jesus freak Supporting Member

That Looks more like an Alf pedal ;)

11. ThePenwellCrash

ThePenwellCrash Supporting Member

interesting....

I'm gonna have to try this and the subdecay spring theory against each other...but I'll have to wait a few months till I'm state-side again so I'll be watching other's reviews/comparisons of these units closely till then

12. blackba

Well that is good to know. The thing is my Hermida Reverb doesn't fit on my pedalboard, its on the floor next to my pedalboard. However, I don't think the smaller V2 would help me much, I am just out of room unless I get all new interconnect cables.

I was hoping with V2 that Alf would have added a pot inside to adjust the delay time, it would be nice to tweak that parameter....

13. abnerfm

abnerfm Member

Once I bought a "v1" Hermida Reverb from a TGP member and immediately fell in love with the great tones I was getting from it... until I boost it (with an Xotic EP Booster). The effected signal distorted like hell (the dry signal was fine). Very weird overtones. No headroom.

It wasn't for me. Unfortunately, because I freakin' loved it. But, for those who don't boost it, I doubt they will find a better reverb no matter the price. BTW, the guy who got it from me is very happy with it, he likes it better than the TC Electronics Hall of Fame he has.

14. oneass

oneass Member

So why didn't you just change the order?

15. itkindaworks

itkindaworks Member

Is it still a belton brick based pedal?

16. abnerfm

abnerfm Member

Because it sounds muddier

17. blackba

I boost all the time with overdrive pedals such as a tubescreamer before the Hermida Reverb V1 and never had that issue. I wonder if the Hermida reverb can take 18Volts for more headroom, it might have solved your issue if you still had the pedal....

18. abnerfm

abnerfm Member

I would like to emphasize that putting dirt pedals in front of it isn't the problem, but boosting volume too much makes the effected signal distort (the dry signal is not affected by this), I mean, I have my EP Booster set at 11 o'clock (which is pretty loud because I have clean amps without master volume) as my "always on" pedal to kick the preamp, then, when I kicked on the Zendrive I got this horrible and distorted sound, like a damaged loudspeaker. It seems like I was overloading its input, but no way for me to play without an always on boost.

The Hermida Reverb doesn't take 18 Volts, but it wouldn't matter anyway because it converts the voltage internally to 5 Volts. I almost went crazy with this situation because I wanted so bad to keep this pedal, the effect is awesome and I really didn't want to get rid of it. Now I'm using a Van Amps Sole-Mate Jr., but this one has a freakin' long decay (I use it at 7 o'clock) and boosting it only makes it worse. I'm still looking for a reverb that takes boost well...

19. ARC Effects

ARC Effects Member

That's what I'm wondering as well...

20. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

Pretty cool! I had the old version but it was too big. I'll get one of these eventually.