New Reverend Reeves Gabrels "Space Hawk"

IPLAYLOUD

Gold Supporting Member
Reeves had been touring with The Cure with his Signature Model and 3 other Reverends.
He liked a set-neck semi-hollow Tricky Gomez, so his latest guitar evolves from that.

This is a Semi-Hollow Guitar with an Offset Waist and an Arm Contour.
I can't think of another semi-hollow guitar with an arm contour.

He wanted a little throwback to a Burns, and the triple pickguards get that look. The peghead is a six-in-line, angled back It has a pair of Railhammer Pickups, a Kill Switch, and a new spring for the Bigsby that Joe Naylor came up with. The feel is said to be much softer, closer to a Strat tension.

Reeves loves it.

neoprimitive

That's an interesting looking guitar. But then, Reeves is an interesting guy. Looks like a pretty killer guitar to me. I dig the kill switch.

kracdown

Custom User Title
Platinum Supporting Member
What does the new spring do? Change the angle of the bigsby arm?

Avenger

I will own this guitar. These features are exactly what I'm looking for. Though I'm not sure how I will use the kill switch, and red and silver are not my top color choices, I want this guitar more than any of the new Reverends I have seen. Bravo Joe Naylor and Reeves Gabrels.

aussie_owner

Gold Supporting Member
I will own this guitar. These features are exactly what I'm looking for. Though I'm not sure how I will use the kill switch, and red and silver are not my top color choices, I want this guitar more than any of the new Reverends I have seen. Bravo Joe Naylor and Reeves Gabrels.
Saw this posted on FB during the NAMM show and loved it as soon as I saw it. Likewise, no idea of what I would use the kill switch for, but I love the look. And it's got a Bigsby. I like my Kingbolt, but I like this even better.

Too many guitars, too little money and talent.:(

dporto

" Likewise, no idea of what I would use the kill switch for, but I love the look."

Waddayakid'nme? How about a nice stuttering feedback effect (end of every song...). Or you could just use it to shut off the guitar between sets...:huh

Avenger

Turning the guitar off did cross my mind as a useful thing, but I'm guessing Reeves had a more creative application in mind. I will be really interested to see the sounds he makes with this guitar.

aussie_owner

Gold Supporting Member
" Likewise, no idea of what I would use the kill switch for, but I love the look."

Waddayakid'nme? How about a nice stuttering feedback effect (end of every song...). Or you could just use it to shut off the guitar between sets...:huh
Not familiar with any music that uses this effect, AFAIK. Examples? I'm mainly a blues/rock guy, I don't listen to or play much modern stuff. (Porcupine Tree has been my "modern" stuff lately.)

Braunzo

I love Reeves and I love his other signature. I love the specs, but the aesthetics don't do much for me. But whatever, it's not my guitar! The Bigsby modifications are a nice touch, definitely a well thought out guitar like the last one. I'd maybe like to see it in some less flake-ridden finishes. That guitar in black (oddly enough) would be pretty sharp, to me.

vlammie

Not familiar with any music that uses this effect, AFAIK. Examples? I'm mainly a blues/rock guy, I don't listen to or play much modern stuff. (Porcupine Tree has been my "modern" stuff lately.)
Tom Morello used the stuttering effect on a lot of Rage Against The Machine records. First name that popped up in my head.

Very cool guitar, Reeves has excellent taste in gear, using stuff from Reverend and Audio Kitchen extensively.
And a great guitar player.
I heard a rumour that Robert Smith has been begging him to join The Cure for over 20 years now... :p

aussie_owner

Gold Supporting Member
I love everything about it except the color. :D
Also available in pewter.

http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/reeves-gabrels-signature-spacehawk/

Tom Morello used the stuttering effect on a lot of Rage Against The Machine records. First name that popped up in my head.

Very cool guitar, Reeves has excellent taste in gear, using stuff from Reverend and Audio Kitchen extensively.
And a great guitar player.
I heard a rumour that Robert Smith has been begging him to join The Cure for over 20 years now... :p

I'll check out Tom Morello, thanks for the tip.

Route234

I like that guitar and the Tricky Gomez model a lot but the Bigsby is a total deal breaker for me. I wish they offered a hard tail version, especially with the Gomez model.

Trending Topics