New Rivera Knucklehead?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bartmcartman, Nov 21, 2005.

1. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

Has anyone heard anything about the new Rivera Knucklehead coming out? The K TRE?

2. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

The site is pretty sparse on explanations.

Dual channel? What style are they going for?

EP

3. riverastoasters

riverastoasters Member

Apparently it's like a simplified Knucklehead II with an extra gain stage.

Which means I don't know what they are going for. 11? Obviously some sort of beyond beyond metal.

4. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I have one of the original Knuckleheads from the '90s, and I can't imagine wanting more gain than that. With the boost engaged and the right guitar and pickup, that thing will tear your face off. I guess there's always a market for more of whatever you're selling though.

5. Baba

Baba Supporting Member

I thought the Knucklehead II was pretty simplified, seems to follow their other amp designs as far as channels/boosts, etc.

6. SFW

SFW Member

From what I’ve gathered, it will be a stripped down KHII. The clean channel will not have a master and there will be more gain on tap on the dirty channel. I think that some of the push/pull options have disappeared as well. Form the looks of the product line Rivera is trying to tap into some of the Ubershall market. There are plenty of people in the “Rivera Know” in the Nashville and studio musician scene, but the really money is in young metal heads who’s mommy and daddy don’t mind dropping the fat jack for little billy to wine about how unfair life is. Rivera is trying to become a household name. I hope it works for them. They build quality product that does exactly what it’s advertised to do. Good for Paul and co.

7. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

The rumor I heard was that it will have a more dumblish tone. That was the rumor at least. Who knows. It seems that it might make sense as there are already two knuckleheads that address the metal and high gain crowd.

8. Terry Hayes

Terry Hayes Member

SFW was right about the K-TRE being targeted toward the heavy players who might consider an amp such as an Uberschall.

I finally had a chance to speak with Paul Rivera Jr. today and here is what I learned about the new Knucklehead K-TRE.

1. It is the replacement for the Knucklehead II (not to be confused with the Knucklehead Reverb)
    2. It is an even simpler version of the Knucklehead II.
    3. An extra gain stage was added to the distortion channel, and one gain stage was removed from the clean channel. The clean channel has no master volume.
    4. Paul thinks this amp has the best pure clean channel Rivera has ever made.

As I mentioned before, according to the Rivera website, the amp will begin shipping at the end of this month. The only thing I didn't find out was the price. Sorry.

Terry

9. Gerry

Gerry Guest

I know Vince Gill has gigged with them for years...it's a studio favorite too? Because of the flexibility of tone?

10. ccoker

ccoker Supporting Member

nice
    I am a Rivera fan

11. dinrodef

dinrodef Guest

I wonder if it has a sub-out and sub-level control??

12. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Funiest thing I have read in ages. :D LOL!

13. userd

userd Member

Sounds interesting.
    I once had a KHR100 EL34 and sold it because it had not one really satisfying sound. I prefer the simple KH100.
    Hopefully the TRE is just as simple regarding layout/options.