New Robert Plant Album...."Band of Joy" Out Today.

parker

Anyone pick it up yet? What do you think? I am going to buy the hard copy at Borders later...

buddatron

It is pretty good. If you liked Raising Sand with Alison Krauss I'd say it's a safe bet you will like this one.
The song Silver RIder is my favorite.

whitehall

It's between that and the LinkinPark that also comes out today. I think I'll go with the Linkin Park...remember when you could listen to them before buying ? I miss Tower records.

Guitar55

Who was that masked man?
Silver Supporting Member
It's produced by Buddy Miller. How can you go wrong?

Spider-Man

Silver Supporting Member
I was not impressed with a few live bootlegs that I heard from the summer tour. Hopefully the CD is much better. I had not planned to check it out, but given the reviews I guess I will.

Mike Fleming

It's between that and the LinkinPark that also comes out today. I think I'll go with the Linkin Park...remember when you could listen to them before buying ? I miss Tower records.

Wait... nowadays you can listen to everything before buying. Legally I mean, at amazon, itunes, etc.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
Listened to it the other day on NPR. Definitely going to pick this one up.

parker

Thanks for the link, love the swagger of the first tune... can't wait to pick it up.

blues bird

Silver Supporting Member
Very nice record, but not as good as Raising Sand IMHO. Clearly to see, that Buddy Miller is not T Bone Burnett... Just list to new John Mellencamp album "no better then this" to see the difference.

barryg_nyc

Not lame, actually.
I think NPR's done a great job. They've made arrangements with a number of performers to allow unlimited streaming in the weeks preceding an album's release.
That's a pretty great deal. You can listen all you want until it's available for purchase.
Now that it's out, you can download the full album for a whopping $7.99 at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Band-of-Joy/dp/B0041VIJQG/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1284604439&sr=301-1

That's about what I paid for Houses of the Holy in vinyl when it first came out in 1973. So, not a bad deal at all...

NPR pulled the audio from thier interview (LAME)

Heres a BBC link with audio clips

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/reviews/3x8r

jimmyj

It was playing at Barnes and Noble last night as I was browsing. It sounded good. It's similar enough to Raising Sand that my wife, who is a big fan of that CD, came up to me and asked if RP and AK had done another album, she liked it.

I'll be ordering this new one for her.

phillygtr

Who's in the band?

Kickazz Americana artists:

Buddy Miller
Patty Griffin
Darrell Scott
Marco Giovino
Byron House

Darrell Scott is one of the greatest songwriters working today AND one of the great musicians. Youtube his stuff and be blown away by his depth and range.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom