1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

New Robin Avalon sport

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by edwarddavis, Oct 25, 2008.

1. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

Just picked this up , I wanted a Lp jr type guitar and this one more than does the trick. Never owned a Robin before so I did not really know what to expect but these are really top notch guitars . Plays and sounds great . I have to give thanks to Super Sound in SD for a great deal , came set up perfect , great store to deal with and a TGP member too, I thnk.
    If you looking for a junior type guitar , I am no expert but you may want to consider one of these among all the other great ones out there .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JiMB

JiMB Member

Sweet lookin' geetar!

Enjoy!

Jim

3. teletalkin

teletalkin Supporting Member

Man that looks nice!

4. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

They really do make some great guitars. I'm sure that one is a great guitar! Congratulations!

5. ford

ford Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Cool one piece mahogany body!

I just got one also.. mine is Fakimba....with a tv yellowish color.

The pickup can also be swapped out with any Rio Grande humbucker... will fit no problem. BUT that Rio P90 is a great pickup!

Loving mine so far.. I'll try to put up some better pics soon!

rock

bford

6. slipbeer

slipbeer Supporting Member

Robin has always been a good builder. I don't know why they aren't better recognized but I do know you hardly ever see any used ones for sale.

7. Tone Disciple

Tone Disciple Gold Supporting Member

Nice guitar. Yes - Robins are under-appreciated.