New Roger Mayer Visage

71strat

These just came out last week, and I just got 1 in the mail today. At first I didn't know how to work it, and was afraid to muck with it.

All of the tweaking is done internally with Pins, and what I will call pin selectors.

The pedal has around 12 rows of 3 pins, on 4 different places. The Pin Selector can do 2 Pins at 1 time. So basically you can do pin 1 x pin 2, or pin 2 x pin 3, and you have pin selectors in 4 places.

Thank god its got instructions !!!!!!! Youd be screwed without instructions, but is very simple, once you know how to use the pins ect.

I was hesitant to PULL the Pin Selectors Off of the Pins, and really didn't know what I was looking at when I first looked at it... I aint electronically gifted by any means.

But after messing with it for 3 hours now, I have to say I'm going to buy another 1 soon. Its the most versatile, best sounding Fuzz/Drive unit Ive ever heard, and it can grind an amplifier into the ground. HUGE GAIN. The most hes ever put in a pedal.

Its got 45 different Fuzz/Drive combinations, and the pedal is really really quiet, and cleans up incredibly considering how much gain it has. Or can have. It also has the 9v power supply adaptor on the Inside of the pedal. Or it can run on a battery. Its got a small slot for the power cord to come out of the bottom of the pedal.

I'm Sold. Best Fuzz I have. And its really way more than a Fuzz. Its like a Studio Distortion/Fuzz/Drive Processor.

You can see at the end of the pencil the Pic Connector, and the Pins. If you look, you can see the 3 other Pin Selectors on the PC Card.

71strat

Ive got no way to record. Believe it or not. I don't even have a Cell Phone. Never have had 1. Ive got a Land Line weve had since the 50s.

Ive also not gone through 1/4 of the pins. Its a work in progress, but it really sounds good. It sure doesn't need anything stacked with it.

I'm also only using single coils at the moment. Havent done HBs yet.

Ive got no way to record. Believe it or not. I don't even have a Cell Phone. Never have had 1. Ive got a Land Line weve had since the 50s.

Ive also not gone through 1/4 of the pins. Its a work in progress, but it really sounds good. It sure doesn't need anything stacked with it.

I'm also only using single coils at the moment. Havent done HBs yet.
Do you have high speed internet or are you writing us on a dial-up connection? You not having a cell phone kinda blows my mind; at the same time I think that's pretty badass. I'm sure I have a few old phones around here... if you just, ya know, want to have one. Do you have an iPad? Laptop? Flat screen/Xbox? I find you fascinating.

Also, VERY cool new pedal! ;)

71strat

Ive got Highest Speed Internet Connection Time Warner has. Everyone around me has the newest iPhone. I could have 1 tomorrow if I wanted 1. I don't need 1.
My wifes a Neurologist. Shes got 1, and we have a landline. Same phone # weve had since the 50s. We live in my family home my great grandfather built in 1904. My wifes a Filipina, and is engrossed with electronic gadgets, and has been since Ive known her.. I'm engrossed with electronic guitar gadgets. Shes 42 and I'm 58.

Honestly, for Christmas she got me a Mayer Vision Wah. Mayer RM58 Limiter, and this Mayer Visage. I got the Visage today.

Also I'm not even in the same class of $$$$ as my wife. I married her 15 years ago, and she came here, we both had nothing, and I worked 3 jobs to make enough to sponsor her, to satisfy immigration, and I paid for her college her 1st year, and she did so great she got a $10,000 scholarship every year for 3 years, and then got a free ride to med school. I had been in trouble for pot, and couldn't hardly even get a job, and did a lot of hard physical labor to send her to school, and pay the bills.

Cgkindler

Happy NPD!

And cool story about your last 1 and half decades man! Good stuff! Take care of her and she'll take care of you kinda thing! :-D

Ive got Highest Speed Internet Connection Time Warner has. Everyone around me has the newest iPhone. I could have 1 tomorrow if I wanted 1. I don't need 1.
My wifes a Neurologist. Shes got 1, and we have a landline. Same phone # weve had since the 50s. We live in my family home my great grandfather built in 1904. My wifes a Filipina, and is engrossed with electronic gadgets, and has been since Ive known her.. I'm engrossed with electronic guitar gadgets. Shes 42 and I'm 58.

Honestly, for Christmas she got me a Mayer Vision Wah. Mayer RM58 Limiter, and this Mayer Visage. I got the Visage today.

Also I'm not even in the same class of $$$$ as my wife. I married her 15 years ago, and she came here, we both had nothing, and I worked 3 jobs to make enough to sponsor her, to satisfy immigration, and I paid for her college her 1st year, and she did so great she got a $10,000 scholarship every year for 3 years, and then got a free ride to med school. I had been in trouble for pot, and couldn't hardly even get a job, and did a lot of hard physical labor to send her to school, and pay the bills.
Dude, you rock! Also, she rocks! And with those gifts she clearly likes that you rock!

Amazing family story and marriage story; we should all be so lucky :)

Also, sucks that you got hassled by the man for your love of horticulture.

I tip my hat to you @71strat

71strat

In reality, shes the only woman that's never lied to me, or cheated on me, and has been selfless to me.
I met her as a Pen Pal, and we never missed 1 day of talking on the phone in 9 months. Even when she was on her way to move to Vancouver Canada, she called me from the Tawian China Airport at the stop over

I also turned her on to Hendrix 1st thing, and she didn't know what to think. I explained to her what he was trying to do with all the sounds, and how much of it had to be done with the amplifier really loud, or it would be impossible to get some of the sonics he got. I explained to her what feedback is, and how it can sound like many things. Like Screaming. Basically he was trying to make his guitar sound alive, and have a vibe that was beyond notes. It is sound.

Now she thinks Hendrix is the most natural musican shes ever heard.... !!!! Whats not to like ?????? Even after all these years, I still cant believe I found her, and she came from so far away. Like a different planet.

She also didn't get Sarcasm , and often, still doesn't. I'm really sarcastic too. So she puts up with a lot.

I love Mayer stuff -- have a Rocket Spitfire and Mongoose and Spitfire-X. These are not TGP faves but they are really quality pieces and it doesn't surprise me that this new one is fantastic.

That is an unbelievable set of Christmas gifts, by the way, makes me drool.

71strat

Nope.

Ashland, Ky..... I know 1 of the guys that runs ( Or did ) the Texas Roadhouse in Lancaster. I think hes still there. He was the 1 that opened it. Hes a lot younger than me. I met him at the gym, and we became friends, but I haven't seen him in a good while. But I know where that is.

Last edited:

Cgkindler

Nope.

Ashland, Ky..... I know 1 of the guys that runs ( Or did ) the Texas Roadhouse in Lancaster. I think hes still there. He was the 1 that opened it. Hes a lot younger than me. I met him at the gym, and we became friends, but I haven't seen him in a good while. But I know where that is.

Ah, cool!

That stinks (location distance wise) - I'd love to jam some day!

Enjoy your new killer pedal!

71strat

The Green Hyundai was mine. Its gone now. We live across from the local park. Central Park. Our house was here before the park. Both Red Taurus' were ours 1 went 300,000. It was a 97. Been gone, but was still running well 2 years ago.

I downloaded the pics from Google Earth.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom