New Ruokangas in progress...

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
Gold Supporting Member
Now that is a great set up! Really like that flexibility. I have a Knaggs Severn with 7 way wiring, but only one Vol. I really like how you have it instead because like you, I really enjoy that ability to mix by volume as we can with the 4 knob recipe.
I played Kimock's white Strat at his barn one time several years ago and immediately got it. I now have four three-pickup guitars wired that way, an AmStd Strat from the run they did with Duncan lipstick pickups, the Volante blue Ruokangas pictured above, a Koll Tornado which started out with two P-90s but now sports three Lollar goldfoil pickups, and of course my white Scott Walker Electro which has the same vintage Dan-o lipstick pickups as the white Strat.

Bluesful

Supporting Member
Hang on, there's tubes in the pickup?

How do you run it?

Just a 1/4" cable into an amp?

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
Gold Supporting Member
Hang on, there's tubes in the pickup?

How do you run it?

Just a 1/4" cable into an amp?
There’s a separate preamp+power supply that’s in a standard (old MXR) size pedal housing. You plug an XLR cable from the guitar output into that, then off to the pedalboard/amp/DI/whatever via the usual 1/4” cable. The P+PS also has a regular 1/4” input for when you want to switch to a regular guitar.

Jazzandmore

Gold Supporting Member
I played Kimock's white Strat at his barn one time several years ago and immediately got it. I now have four three-pickup guitars wired that way, an AmStd Strat from the run they did with Duncan lipstick pickups, the Volante blue Ruokangas pictured above, a Koll Tornado which started out with two P-90s but now sports three Lollar goldfoil pickups, and of course my white Scott Walker Electro which has the same vintage Dan-o lipstick pickups as the white Strat.
I may look into this for my Knaggs!

Jazzandmore

Gold Supporting Member
@kingsleyd

Italy eh? Hope you enjoying the amazing foods and history. I've only been to Florence a few times and Modena (went there to see my friend Marco Brunetti the amp builder).

The food there is amazing and when you finish it off with some gelato! :drool

So looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you have this lovely in your hands!

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
Gold Supporting Member
Italy eh? Hope you enjoying the amazing foods and history. I've only been to Florence a few times and Modena (went there to see my friend Marco Brunetti the amp builder).

The food there is amazing and when you finish it off with some gelato! :drool
We’ve been to Rome, Sorrento, and Florence so far and are now near the end of a week at a villa outside of Greve in Chianti, with my brother, his wife, and another couple (friends from Louisville). It’s great. The villa has a fabulous (if not as well-equipped with gear as we’d like) kitchen where my brother (a musician by trade but a very accomplished chef as well) is currently preparing the last night’s feast. Overall the food has been everything we expected. And the wine (and grappa!) are wonderful too, even when (as we did last night) one orders liter-size carafes of the house red...

Jazzandmore

Gold Supporting Member
We’ve been to Rome, Sorrento, and Florence so far and are now near the end of a week at a villa outside of Greve in Chianti, with my brother, his wife, and another couple (friends from Louisville). It’s great. The villa has a fabulous (if not as well-equipped with gear as we’d like) kitchen where my brother (a musician by trade but a very accomplished chef as well) is currently preparing the last night’s feast. Overall the food has been everything we expected. And the wine (and grappa!) are wonderful too, even when (as we did last night) one orders liter-size carafes of the house red...
I hope to get back there next year while on a trip to Crete.

I've told Juha that one of these days I want to visit him as well. Of course it has to be during the 2 weeks of good weather they have, and it's not like I'm expecting the food to be awesome or anything :rotflmao

Last edited:

cosmic_ape

Supporting Member
I hope to get back there next year while on a trip to Crete.

I've told Juha that one of these days I want to visit him as well. Of course it has to be during the 2 weeks of good weather they have, and it's not like I'm expecting the food to be awesome or anything :rotflmao
He’s gotta have his own version of preserved shark or lutefisk to pass around!

Swami Asango

all the best with your new guitar, once it arrives at your place. :aok

can't wait to see all the pics and a soundclip perhaps. :aok:aok

I got a serious gas attack. :crazy

Jazzandmore

Gold Supporting Member
all the best with your new guitar, once it arrives at your place. :aok

can't wait to see all the pics and a soundclip perhaps. :aok:aok

I got a serious gas attack. :crazy
Whatever you do, don't go on his website and mess with the guitar designer that pops up. Even worse, DO NOT download, install and then play with the full blown guitar builder software he has. You will be in some SERIOUS GAS trouble if you do this!:eek::D

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
Gold Supporting Member
Whatever you do, don't go on his website and mess with the guitar designer that pops up. Even worse, DO NOT download, install and then play with the full blown guitar builder software he has. You will be in some SERIOUS GAS trouble if you do this!:eek::D
Yeah, that's exactly what got me into this predicament...

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
Gold Supporting Member
Yep! And y'all can see how the project evolved after a lengthy phone conversation with Splatt regarding the Valvebucker led me to incorporate it into my guitar.

Got home yesterday so Juha will ship the guitar next week. How long it will take to be delivered is subject to the whims & vagaries of US customs. Could be a few days, could be a week+. :rolleyes:

Trending Topics