New Ryan Adams Record - Big Colors

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone been listening to Ryan Adams' newest record?

I'm diggin' it more than Wednesdays that he released last December.

Wednesdays seemed like an 'apology' record to me, whereas Big Colors seems more in line with his last 2 (Self Titled and Prisoner).

Diggin' this track off Big Colors:

D

Deleted member 185106

Ryan used to work at a sandwich shop down the street from me. Obviously very talented, but had a chip on his shoulder from the jump. Once he hit it big, the joke was "say what you will about Ryan Adams, he makes a hell of a turkey sub."

Staticbuster

Wednesdays did feel like an apology record, but remember it was actually recorded and done before all the drama occurred. Originally, Big Colors was supposed to come out in the first quarter of 2019, with Wednesdays to follow in the second quarter, then an as yet un-named third album in the fourth quarter. All that got shelved, obviously.

So anyways, I haven't had a chance to listen to BG yet, but definitely looking forward to digging in.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Wednesdays did feel like an apology record, but remember it was actually recorded and done before all the drama occurred. Originally, Big Colors was supposed to come out in the first quarter of 2019, with Wednesdays to follow in the second quarter, then an as yet un-named third album in the fourth quarter. All that got shelved, obviously.

So anyways, I haven't had a chance to listen to BG yet, but definitely looking forward to digging in.

Yeah, I read that today and was surprised, as Wednesdays sounds almost like a direct response to the drama.

Teleking

Silver Supporting Member
I like a little more than half the songs, which is a lot more than the songs on his last record. Be interesting to hear what his newest stuff sounds like post scandal..

Meriphew

Silver Supporting Member
Never really cared for his earlier stuff, but his last record was great. I'll check the new one out.

bluesuede

Documented Miscreant
I saw Ryan Adams open for Lucinda Williams close to 20 years ago. If my memory is correct (which it very well may not be), his set was a solo acoustic one. I had never heard of him before but I didn't care for anything I heard that night. I was also disappointed because the Bottle Rockets we're supposed to be opening.

_Rumy

Dig it. He’s one of the best modern day songwriters imo. I saw him back with The Cardinals, and it was a great show with him stretching out with some great leads too
What tracks from his work with the Cardinals show off his guitar side?

Top Bottom