New Satch Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by whitehall, Aug 15, 2008.

1. whitehall

whitehall Member

Anyone play the new Vox Satch pedal ?

2. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

I guess his deal with peavey is over. I saw one at sam ash it looks well built but I did not try it out as I own a ds 1. 129 bucks was the selling price

3. Bad G.A.S.

Bad G.A.S. Senior Member

Why would his deal with Peavey be over? He endorses their amps, not their guitars or effects (non-existent). He's playing the Satchurator through the clean channel of the JSX. I'm sure if Peavey had a problem with that, he would not still be on their website:

http://www.peavey.com/artists/featured/js/index.cfm

Here's a quick demo I did of the pedal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtD9450_u0o

You should try one out...It's not the same as a DS-1

4. whitehall

whitehall Member

Awesome... I'm buying one.......

5. Jujo

Jujo Supporting Member

Holy ****, that thing actually rocks! I just watched 3 different clips. All different guys with different rigs. I figured there was a good chance that it wouldn't be worth much. But damn if they didn't come really close to the magic mids and bite of Satriani. Damn. Good job.

6. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

I must have been mistaken as I thought I had read in an interview once that joe said with the peaveys he did not need a dirt pedal.

I assumed wrong. We all know what happens when one assumes........:)

7. Phil M

Phil M Member

I expected crap for some reason. That actually sounded pretty good. There are other Satchurator Youtube clips too.

8. voxguy

voxguy Member

your demo rocks! Great tones!

9. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

BAD GAS, do you like the pedal now? ...seeing you posted this on my Saturator thread, sounds like you never dug it at all:
    I've had it for about a week and a half now, and I have to say I'm kinda disappointed in it...It's pretty muddy and the tone knob is pretty much useless, making everything very trebly and harsh past 10 o' clock. A/B'ed it with a stock MIT DS-1, and it's very similar...I almost prefer the sound of the DS-1 actually...Think I'm gonna take it back and pick up an MI Audio Crunch Box to try out instead...It's not a "no noise" pedal either...The 'more' switch adds fuzziness and an annoying hum...It's not terrible, but there are much better sounding pedals out there...

10. Bad G.A.S.

Bad G.A.S. Senior Member

I like it more than I did at first for sure, but I still find it a little sterile sounding...Doesn't have the same warmth as amp distortion IMHO...While I own this amp, I'm going to look for a better overdrive, as well as a distortion pedal that sounds more amp-like...Just personal preference...I've chased Joe's tone for far too long, and I think I need to start finding my own tone... I did a thorough process of elimination and determined that the hum is not from the pedal, but it's building hum amplified by distortion.

11. Bad G.A.S.

Bad G.A.S. Senior Member

It's not a Crate, it's a Peavey Classic 30... It'd be great if we could hear some clips of your playing so we can judge your gear as well. It's only fair, right? ;)