• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New! Schecter Traditional Van Nuys

JGD5150

Silver Supporting Member

Ash body
Roasted maple neck/fingerboard
14” radius, 22 XJ frets
Thin C (.787” at 1st fret)
Locking tuners
Tusq nut
2-pt trem w push in arm
Schecter USA pickups (Monstertone sc’s and a SuperRock Vintage hb)

I’ve got 2 Nick Johnston sigs and this has the same neck, the profile is perfect for me.
Schecter USA pickups are highly regarded, I have them in 3 guitars are all sound fantastic.

Can’t wait to get my hands on one of these!

blong

Silver Supporting Member
Nice. Schecter guitars are a lot of value for the money. I owned an NVIII, made for the Japanese market only, but a few are over here. I bought one off of reverb a while back, and it is a fantastic guitar. I sold it cuz I got offered more than I had in it, by quite a bit, so I let it go. I'm still looking for the right one to buy, again.

I can't wait to play one of these.

Bob

CBHTele

Silver Supporting Member
Schecter is making lots of cool guitars, but those thin necks :(
I was in a GC a few months back, and someone was playing a Schecter shredder of some sort, CLEAN, mind you, and it sounded fantastic. When they were done, I went and grabbed it, and plugged in, and yes, it sounded great, and was really well-built - but my hand was cramping within minutes. Thin neck + narrow nut = no worky for me :(

Tri7/5

Hoping they make a 24 fret version as well just to have more options in the traditional 24 fret realm.

Last edited:

Drew816

Silver Supporting Member
They have slightly fatter profiles in the US made PTs and such, but they I'm not aware of any that are "chunky."

Cool guitar, a lot to like especially at that price!

Sparky6string

Schecter has been around so long and yet I somehow still feel that I'm ahead of the curve on this one. These guitars are so good that I would think they'd just have to become more popular. It takes a good deal to separate me from my cash these days and Schecter Diamond Series did it. My NJ is at least as good as my US Hamer Daytona.

Trending Topics