New Schecter Ultra III Bought it, review inside

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by g335, Feb 23, 2009.

1. g335

g335 Member

Hello

Just bought the Schecter Ultra III. Good guitar. Not heavy, good balance.
    It has the Designed by Duncan FG-101 which is their version of the pickups found in Grestch guitars, the FilterTrons I believe(humbucker one).
    The body and neck is made of mahagony with a rosewood fretboard.
    [​IMG]

Haven't played it a lot, busy, but will give my impressions so far:

Played it through my Vox AC15cc.
    The pickups are able to be split.(Humbucker to single coil).
    The guitar has a treblely-middy sound to it, not bright like a tele. Not dark, not bright. It has mid-range, not a lot of mid-range(as a Les Paul). Reminds me of a SG sort of. Has good bite and sustain.

Will give more updates as I play it more.

2. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

A friend of mine has that same guitar but with the Yellow finish. I love the fit and finish on his guitar. The neck was a bit easy to get stuck on, but with a little buffing, or a little wear it would be perfect. I liked the bigsby on it too. Lots of cool fun to be had there. The switches were goofy at first, but I liked the options. I would defiantly grab one of these if I saw it for a decent price used. Schecter makes a great guitar, and I love their more vintage looking models.

dk

3. Mudder

Mudder Member

Is that essentially the Robert Smith sig? Interesting guitar, a little busy for me, but neat in a retro sort of way.

4. g335

g335 Member

Similar shape but different pickups, different head stock and smaller than the Robert Smith one.

5. mattwasserman

mattwasserman Member

I dig it, Schecters are killer guitars for the money. The necks on them are perfect for me.