New Scumback cabs for 2010

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by Scumback Speakers, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

I've been working with Tone Merchants and some of the better players, amp gurus and various tour staff out here in LA for the last several months on my new cab line for Scumback.

I've already shown the 69 spec 4x12 cabs, and in the next few weeks I'll be rolling out the 68 spec "Pinstripe" cabs, tall bottom cabs (ala 66/67 Jimi/Çream era bottom cabs that are 36"' tall), and now my new 1x12 and 2x12 cabs.

The new 1x12 and 2x12 will feature my adjustable back panel design, using the highest grade baltic birch, and premium coverings. I've just finished the first two 1x12's which are going to be at Tone Merchants along with my 69 spec 4x12 cab in a wet/dry/wet configuration, hooked up to five different heads, and will have both M75 and H75 speakers in the 4x12 to use separately or together, with or without the 1x12 wet cabs. Should be a pretty potent mix of tone for demo purposes.

Here's the new 1x12 cab below.
    [​IMG]

Specs: 24" wide x 19" high x 13" deep, adjustable back panel design, rear loaded speaker into a tilted back straight baffle board. 5/8" baltic birch shell, 1/2" baltic birch front and back panels. Dovetail 1/2 blind interlocking wood joinery for an incredibly strong, solid cabinet.

2. ryhlick

ryhlick Supporting Member

What will the 1x12 cabinets retail for?
    Thanks, Brad

3. deeval

deeval Supporting Member

What he said??

4. Scumback Speakers

I haven't finalized that yet gents, sorry! I have two cab suppliers I'm working with now due to increased sales volume and demand. One cab maker builds the raw cabs only and I cover them when I have time, which is now getting pretty limited around running the speaker business. The other cab maker can do it all, except loading and wiring the speakers. They haven't seen this cab yet so the costs aren't in so I can't tell you what they're going to retail for.

I can tell you that I will now be offering speakers and cabs for sale through Tone Merchants in Orange, Ca next year, and their demo cabs are the first ones getting finished, then I'm going to (gasp) actually have cabs made in advance, ready for immediate purchase.

Along with that, the plan is to have a stock order placed to leave at Tone Merchants for individual sales, so cabs can be purchased loaded or unloaded.

I'll have the pricing details dialed in by NAMM (three weeks?), though, because Rob told me I had to get off my ass and be ready. :D

5. NAV1147

NAV1147 Member

Thats right I did say that:) and its more like 8 heads not 5.

6. Scumback Speakers

Correction...8 cabs...I'm now going to slink off to my lair and finish these 1x12's... :crazy

7. Axeplyr

Axeplyr Supporting Member

Any updates on cab specs, availability dates, and pricing? I'm seriously considering a 2x12 cab in the near future, looking for something wide enough to fit a Marshall largebox head (29.5ish").

8. Scumback Speakers

The 2x12 I make is the size you need, but it's sitting in storage thanks to my truck deciding to stop starting yesterday, and is at the Ford dealership. So I have to finish it with hardware (handles, etc) before I can take pics and put it on the site.

Dimensions: 29.5" W, 19" H, 13" D, tilted back baffle board, adjustable back panel as in my previous designs, just with a thicker front edge like my 4x12 cabs. Speakers are rear loaded. Cab page here: http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/cabinets.html

It's basically a wider version of this:[​IMG]

9. Axeplyr

Axeplyr Supporting Member

Thanks. Guess I'll hang on for the pics/pricing info on the site in a few days.

10. Scumback Speakers

Might be easier to email me. Pricing is already on the site, although I see the web guy hasn't finished it all correctly. :jo

11. Scumback Speakers

I got the 1x12 portion of the cab page fixed, and the pricing, but I've yet to get the 2x12 pics up since I have to finish the cab to do it. I'm buried in shipping for 2 days, so the soonest I'll even have a chance to get to this is on Wednesday...if I'm lucky.

I'd suggest you email me, and I'll send you pics when I get the new 2x12 done and have pics to email you. The after NAMM madness has been a bit overwhelming, to say the least, but I'll do the best I can since you're interested, OK?

sales@scumbackspeakers.com