New series of eurorack modules starting at $50 from Behringer

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ChrisVereb, Jan 5, 2019.

1. ChrisVereb

ChrisVereb Member

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2...-modules-in-the-next-2-years-priced-at-49-99/

Looks like Behringer will be releasing a whole bunch of low cost eurorack modules. I haven't explored that format before, but putting a system together for a few hundred and explore sounds interesting.

I'll just grab an envelope, lfo, sequencer, vca, vcf, phase, delay, mixer, rack.... Well maybe it'll be less expensive but still not inexpensive.

Not Orange, chilln, xcc and 2 others like this.
  2. tjontheroad

tjontheroad Just Wanna Be Misunderstood Silver Supporting Member Vendor

New Jersey... YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!
    Behringer is on a synth roll. The coming UB-Xa should be epic.

3. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

I'm so buying one just to play Jump!

4. Mosley

Mosley Electric Catnip Gold Supporting Member

I’ve been thinking of picking up the Behringer Model D, since it’s only $300 and seems like it would be a pretty solid start to a eurorack modular setup.

songtalk and chandra like this.
  5. DisasterArea

DisasterArea Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals

I've got one, it's great. A Model D and a sequencer would get you a long way down the road.

6. pcs9527

pcs9527 Member

I honestly wish they'd make a full-sized Model D with a nice velocity and aftertouch-sensitive keyboard. I'm not really into all the tiny synth modules and what not although many other people are, obviously!

Not Orange and Mosley like this.
  7. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Kinda makes me regret my Se-X! It does a bit more than the Model D, but it also cost 3 times as much!

8. xcc

xcc Member

This is awesome. But if I know myself I’ll just *have to get a Strymon Magneto to top it off

9. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

I saw the article. It said that Behringer planned on releasing 40 modular units over the next 2 years. Priced at $49-$99.

Mosley likes this.
  10. songtalk

songtalk Member

My Behringer D was my best purchase of 2018.

I'm eagerly awaiting the 808 and UB-Xa. They are making unattainable esoteric pieces of vintage analog gear available for normal musicians. I think there is good in that.

xcc and Mosley like this.
  11. ChrisVereb

ChrisVereb Member

12. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

You can buy new and used Euro cases all over the place, for prices that aren't terrible, although that link is pretty cheap! Also, if anyone is playing it with guitar, you have to think about the Pittsburgh Modular "Patch Box" which not only gives you buffered input/output to match your guitar, but foot switchable bypass for the effects individually or in total. They stopped making them, but they're apparently still in stock:

http://www.analoguehaven.com/pittsburghmodular/patchbox/

13. Squatch57

Squatch57 Member

I picked up the Boog and Neutron last year..awesome stuff
    Exciting for me that Uli is doing the 100M modules. I had 52 of the originals when I had my big 90's synth studio before the big sell off
    The stupid used prices of the 100m's don' t make sense, they were originally a budget series anyway compared to the full jack size modular.
    Who knows, maybe Uli will do a Moog 104 clone and knock that down a peg or two as well!

[​IMG]

songtalk and Mosley like this.