New Silver LTD from Barber

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by smallbutmighty, Aug 11, 2005.

1. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Member

Anybody heard one?

How's it compare to the original? To other low gainers(Timmy, KoT, etc)?

A

2. BFC

BFC Supporting Member

[​IMG]

:D

I'll probably pick one up soon to add to the collection.

3. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

ditto either that or a gainster. Then I have to replace my DC with a tone press.

4. rabbit

rabbit Member

Any circuit changes on the new model?

BTW, I liked the old design MUCH better on both the DD and LTD!!!

5. avenerjimmie

avenerjimmie Member

He posted about this on the Musctoyz forum.

"I will have some comparison clips over the weekend to keep me from having to use cheap unctuous marketing terms like "complex tone". But the ultra short version is reduced mids, more high end clarity, deeper bass and the tone control is even more subtle (yes I like subtle). The clipping and gain structure is unchanged. this is not a major rework, more of a custom color/graphics and another tonal voicing that some very notable players/designers have really liked...so I decided to release it to everyone."

So there you go. Oh, emphasis was mine by the way. Otherwise that was quoted straight from Toyz. I kind of like the way it looks. Techno-Egyptian.

6. Ryan

Ryan Member

I'm digging the new look, personally; especially the LTD. Might have to pick one up... To each his own!

7. muddy

muddy Member

i'm REALLY liking what the barb eq is bringin' to the picture! nice. i actually kinda prefer the silver ltd the most. i like the openess. are you running the eq last before going into the amp?

ml

8. glynn

glynn Member

+1 on the silver/barberq . Sounded great!

9. David B

David B Silver Supporting Member

You got it Muddy, The Barb E.Q. is last in the chain just as you described.

Here is another clip at max gain with the same Beaufort/BarbE.Q. rig, this time with a cool Hamer Artist that I think I got from Joe Lavely, it has a Seth in the bridge that I popped the day after the guitar arrived. Both LTD pedal had the same settings for max gain.

Level = unity, Tone = 2 o'clock, drive = max, internal bass = 1/3 up and pres = full clockwise.

I made these on request for Headshot over at the toyz forum

In this clip I go from clean to Silver LTD to Classic LTD.

click to hear the max gain clips.

10. Steve Dallas

Steve Dallas Supporting Member

I've been trying to decide between a Timmy and an LTD and I guess the silver LTD now (dammit!). Any opinions on which is the must have pedal for a way groovy transparent low gain OD pedal?

11. rabbit

rabbit Member

Of course ... to each his own! And as I tell from the clips David posted, both version sound good. That´s the important part of it!

12. claptonisgood

claptonisgood Member

Hmmmm...i bet having both the std LTD and Silver LTD together might be a hellacious combination...Hmmmmm...i have a DDSS that i have been using of late as my only OD...i have a Tone Pump EQ that I love for the flexibility of a single pedal with two OD level choices...BUT, no matter how I tweek, I can't get it close enough in tone to the DDSS...I realize that I still won't have the one-stomp option with two LTD's, but cascaded, I imagine I can get closer to the DDSS character plus have the two OD option (but having to tap dance a bit):eek:

13. el34power

el34power Member

OH FOR C....T SAKE LEAVE ME ALONE:D