NEW SOFTWARE!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by rickcard71, May 19, 2015.

1. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

I can't take it. The threads are all over the place! Is there work being done to rectify this? It is 2015 right? Please help, I want the ease of the old forum. I'm seeing threads from 2012 in the top.

2. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

Make sure that your Thread Display Options are set to sort by "Last message time" in "Descending order". Make sure to press the "Set Options" button on the right side of the page after you have the drop-down panels for the options set.

Then, click on the "Last Message" column title and make sure that the up/down arrow is pointing down.

This worked for me, YMMV :)

3. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

VCuomo, let me check, I thought it was. Thanks! So are you saying that it is set-up like the old TGP?

My brain is going crazy on this! And, I wish I was joking!

4. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

It seems to work like the "old" TGP for me - just make sure you have the settings configured the way I mentioned and you should be good to go.

5. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

Last message pointing down? OMG I don't see it!!!!!!!!!! Please help! Why would this not be set as the norm of this site, OMG. RUFKM?!

6. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

It's the last column on the right side of your display - it's titled "Last Message". There's a little white arrow and it should be pointing down.

7. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

I appreciate you trying to help, but on the far left side it does not say Last Message and I can't be the only one experiencing this! You mean in 2015 there is not better user friendly software. Looks like I'm about to give up and start playing my guitar everyday! Is this April Fools? Are you kidding me, this is so bad! I guess I will just start reading old posts from 2010 that are showing up at the top of my thread sections!

8. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

RIGHT side, last column on the RIGHT... :)

9. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

10. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

Scott, FWIW, I followed the steps you posted and had the same problem that rickcard71 is having. I had to also click the Last Message column title and switch the arrow from up to down and then everything was fine.

11. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

Scott and V Cuo I did that yesterday also. No luck! I clicked on a thread that said Satriani, Hagar, Smith an Anthony are going back into the studio! I was like yes baby, awesome! Then to find out it was at the top after I did what you guys suggested and it it was still the top thread, lol FROM 2008 BABY! This is either time traveling in a weird way or something is wrong!

12. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

I did the 1, 2, 3 steps you listed above and still nothing. I guess this is the Galopos Islands thing happening, who was that Darwin? I guess I will die out here on this page, because I can't live like this here. It is too F'ed up, my eyes and mind go crazy with no organization. They are weeding us out, lol. Please help, I have a few breathes left.

13. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

Did you find the little white arrow next to the Last Message column? If it's already pointing down, click it once to get it pointing up, then click it again to get it to point down again. Forcing the column to be resorted might help. Just a thought...

14. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

No I didn't VC. And now I'm starting to feel stupid, but I don't think it is me. I really don't see it. This is frustrating! Does anyone have the ability here to take over/sign-on to someone elses computer to look at the options?

15. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

Go into the first page of The Pub. When you see all of the threads, look way to the right for the column that shows who last posted in each thread and at what time. That's the "Last Message" column. Look at the top of that column, it is titled "Last Message". Click directly on the words "Last Message". A little white arrow should be pointing up or down. Click on "Last Message" and make sure you see the white arrow go from up to down.

If you're viewing The Pub on a tablet or smartphone you might have to scroll the screen in order to see the Last Message column.

It's there - really, it is!

16. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

GOT IT! Thanks VC! I now know what was throwing me off. It was correct the entire time, but I just realized that the top few threads are "Stickies!" So they had posts that were much older than a new post in a non-sticky thread. That was throwing me off. Lol, OMG! Thanks for sticking through and helping me. I see they have the "pins" next to them, but they used to say "sticky" on the left side I believe. Can we had that please, lol.

17. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

Ah, that makes sense. Glad we talked you off of the ledge though; for a while it looked like you might jump! :D

18. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

LOL! I was. It drives me crazy when I have something that I am used to, that has been working fine for years then all of a sudden it looks different and I can't explain why it doesn't work and I can't fix it. That's why I could never work in IT. I would without-a-doubt go insane.