• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Soloway Swan Has Landed...!!!!

J

JimBo

Greetings,
Just took delivery on what I think is the most beautiful guitar I have ever owned... A stunning Soloway Swan with a killer Curly Mahaogany Top...Leopard Stone Inlays...and Lollar Pickups....

The build quailty on Soloways is OUTSTANDING...!!! Really high attention to detail...and the tone is to die for...!!!! I thought my other guitars were in tune until I played a Soloway...THE GRAND PIANO of guitar...!!!

Just a quick note on how I was treated when I ordered my Soloway... Jim Soloway kept me informed EVERY step of the way with photo updates and discussions regarding various options... He was easy to deal with and a great guy... His artisitic input was essential in putting this stunning guitar together.... He is a true artist and a great businessman...!!!

I can't tell you how pleased I am... I am grinning ear to ear...I would type more but I have to go and play...

Thanks
Jim
P.S. Can't wait for my Bubinga

Kappy

Congrats, JimBo! Looks stunning! And I love the sustain in Jim's clips. You must be very psyched indeed.

Welcome to the club JimBo. You have been blessed with a
magnificent instrument. May you play it in good health for
many years to come. You deserve this guitar and I'm truly
happy that it has landed in your hands. Enjoy it always.

Cliff

Dan Desy

Silver Supporting Member
Wonderful guitar. And Jim's guitars do indeed show the love of his craft. In addition, you can't deal with a nicer guy than Jim. And that's not a dig on other luthiers!

Even if you ask for the impossible, he's real nice and patient about it (and polite ;))!

joek86

Silver Supporting Member
Outstanding guitar, congrats! What type of fretboard wood is that?

Joe

joek86

Silver Supporting Member
Jim, does it produce significantly different tone than Rosewood?

Joe

Jim Soloway

Originally posted by joek86
Jim, does it produce significantly different tone than Rosewood?

Joe
It actually is a species of rosewood. I believe it's the stiffest wood in the rosewood family and as a result it tends to be a little on the bright side. The big difference is in the feel. It's very waxy and hard and feels more like an ebony. It's one of two woods that we use for fingerboards, the other being pau ferro.

joek86

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks Jim! Allot of this is new to me as I haven't really payed any attention to exotic woods until the last few months. I have had Mcinturff guitars and Strats which have mainly "garden" variety woods. I have a Koll on order, but this time, elected not to go with fancy woods. I am just too worried that I will end up not liking the outcome.

Your guitars are really unique and interesting. I have been exposed to them on this site which is a wealth in itself, and GP Magazine. Good luck with your business, you've got a great product and rep!

Joe

M

Marty Horne

Congrats Jim,
The guitar looks beautiful and the tone is warm AND clear. You scored one very sweet axe!

Testudo

Just beautiful! From an appearance standpoint, it's a guitar that just glories in the wood - no colors or fancy inlays, just great looking wood.
I love the dots - I've never heard of "leopard stone" but now I realize I need it.:p
Can't wait to hear the clips when I'm on a computer with sound. Another beauty from Jim.
Welcome to the Soloway club!

Shadscbr

Fantastic looking Swan!!....another warm welcome to the Soloway club.....this time from the 7 string bubinga side of the tracks :)

+1 on all the comments on how much fun it is to work with Jim....I wish him the best, and will continue to have fun admiring all of his new creations.

Shad

sundaypunch

Originally posted by hemlock
What a beautiful design.
Yes it is. Nice lines and just the right amount of ornamentation. IMHO, many talented luthiers could use a lesson in understatement.

It is also refreshing to see a luthier that isn't content to just copy someone elses design. More should try to do their own thing instead of simply offering "improved" versions of 50 year old guitars.

Dan Desy

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by sundaypunch
Yes it is. Nice lines and just the right amount of ornamentation. IMHO, many talented luthiers could use a lesson in understatement.

It is also refreshing to see a luthier that isn't content to just copy someone elses design. More should try to do their own thing instead of simply offering "improved" versions of 50 year old guitars.
The #1 reason I'm having a Swan built for myself :dude

Dan Desy

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by Ron Thorn
sundaypunch...out of curiousity, have you ever built a guitar?
Ron, I think email might have been a better medium for your comment...
:rolleyes:

Trending Topics