New song, 7 mins long

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by codyprang, Feb 11, 2008.

1. codyprang

codyprang Member

I just recorded this song for a friends band. I tried a some things that I normally wouldn't do. Let me know what you think.

www.soundclick.com/blackboxstudios

It's called afterburner

2. KCWM

KCWM Supporting Member

The guitar in the left channel seemed pretty low in the mix. I don't think it needed to be raised much, but it didn't seem to sit as well in the mix as the other guitar. Other than that, I think the song sounds pretty good.

Since you recorded the song, I assume you didn't have a hand in writing it. That being said, the song definitely has its merits, but is a song where I'd take the opportunity to get a drink if I were watching them at a bar or something. That kind of song for that long long = wandering attention. Some songs work well as in a long form like that...but, IMHO, they are very few and far between.

3. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

I hear a lot of passion and a lot of skill, so I'm impressed by what you've put together. Not a style that's normally what I listen to, but I admire your ability to make it work.

4. konstantine

konstantine Member

very, very good.. great production and awesome guitar sounds!!!

i have to second that the left guitar is low in the mix, especially its noticable at about 2.05 and 3.35 where you have a lead thats straggle to make its presence!

aside from that i have no other "complaint", not my style of music but you made it sound great and i belive that most will appreciate it..

thanks for sharing,

konstantine