New song, need some advice

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by rickman769, Feb 22, 2006.

1. rickman769

rickman769 Member

Here is a new song I threw together,its called EXternal Fig Leaf.
    Im not really too proud of it, but let me know what you think, honestly please
    http://www.soundclick.com/rickyhorton
    I need some advice on how to sound fresher, (maybe some songs to learn, etc..)
    i know my chops are awful, but ive just got to practice, i havent been playing as much lately and i can defintaly see my chops suffering for it.

thanks guys
    ricky

2. rickman769

rickman769 Member

3. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

Hey sounds OK to me-not much into heavy stuff tho
    - why dontcha try similar riffs-but around tri-tone
    or augmented-expand your harmonic pallette?

good luck

jf

4. dave s

dave s Member

Ricky:

Not a bad song at all. It has a beginning, a middle and an ending! Couple of comments I can make would be to vary your guitar tones. Using the same amount of gain and very similar rhythm and lead tones makes the distinct guitar parts run together.

Another thing someone told me a long time ago is that if you can say what you need to say in one phrase or line, repeating it three more times doesn't make any sense, it just wastes the listener's time.

And because many of us are guitar players, we think the guitar has to be the loudest thing in the mix all the time. I realize that your song is a guitar instrumental, but give another couple of listens and see if you can improve upon the balance of the guitars in relation to everything else going on in the mix.

Look forward to hearing your next 'take.'

dave