New song-SCA preamps in the mix

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Greggy, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Greggy

Greggy Member

The Antipodes To All That is Sacred and Pure
    Hello! I'm working my new mic pres into the mix. This is my first draft of a song using nothing but SCA pres on guitars. Let me know what you think, I'm curious to hear what objective ears have to say. Thanks.

Song is entitled "Rescue Thee"
    Rescue Thee

2. GP_Hawk

GP_Hawk Member

Let me guess, you built the api'ish sca's? They are definately great bang for your buck. Guitars sound fine to me. What mics are you using?

3. Greggy

Greggy Member

GP, I built 2 T15s (clean non colored pre but with a tame top end, kinda smooth to my ears, and SCA's least expensive option) and 1 API channel. The cleanish strat is recorded with a 2 amp setup (MD 421 and e609 silver) using both t15s. The lead guitars are recorded with the API pre using an sm57, single miked mono tracks. So far I am impressed with these pres. The T15s are really nice on acoustic guitar also. The API warms up some when padded then pushed. But I'm still on the honeymoon, so I'm kinda guarded in my praise.

4. Greggy

Greggy Member

Word is SCA will release a direct injection kit very soon. This will fit in the standard SCA chassis. Just what my bass is looking for.