New splawn 4X12 is here. Videos inside

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by FastRedPonyCar, Sep 4, 2008.

1. FastRedPonyCar

FastRedPonyCar Member

Youtube did some ferocious compression on the video files :eek: Fortunately the actual audio of the videos survived fairly well.

There was some confusion as to what color the stripes were supposed to be but Scott told me there'd be a replacement with white stripes along with a custom head shell with white stripes to match that I'll be taking home with me from the splawn convention in October :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Part 1 with cleans and overdrive 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjyI4gPHuc0

Part 2: :Devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS_uD3VDsNc

Anyways, this cab flat out murders my legacy 4X12. no comparison. Sooo much better than any of the marshall cabs I've tried too. The workmanship on this cab is flawless.

2. vchizzle

vchizzle Supporting Member

Sounds great! I know a guy that has a matching guitar for that cab:D

Only thing I'm not sure about is the newer black grill cloth Scott's been using lately. I think I like the old cloth better(it probably filters more highs out, which may be why he switched?).

3. FastRedPonyCar

FastRedPonyCar Member

nah. it has very well balanced and cutting highs. the presence knob on the amp can dish out all the highs I could ever need. And if more are needed, a good eq pedal in the loop can handle that.

4. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Member

Have you tried a Bogner or Mills?

5. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

What speakers did you go with?

6. FastRedPonyCar

FastRedPonyCar Member

I've played all the bogner cabs. The uberkab is bland and lacks definition. My other guitar player plays an einstein w/diezel 4X12. We played the diezel 4X12 side by side with the uberkab and the bogner was an enormous let down.

The other 4X12 "ecstacy" cab fared a bit better but still just couldn't cope with the einstein's low end..which isn't as big as the nitro's though it's tighter and more percussive than the nitro's.

Never played the mills cab before but I've heard nothing but awesome things about them. they're just entirely too much money for me to pay for.

Cartman, I'm using 2 earcandy green machine speakers along with a V30 and a G12H30 though those two will be replaced eventually with scumback 75 watters.

7. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

Did I sell you my green machines? Nice speakers! I used a port city os2x12 this weekend with my Quickrod. Warehouse vet 30 and an emi Private Jack. Sounded pretty good. I have a marshall 2x12 with a Private Jack and WGS et65 which sounds decent as well. The PC OSx12 sounds much bigger and fuller. I'm interested in trying the Splawn sb25's. Thinking of selling the Marshall cab and ordering a Splawn 2x12...

8. FastRedPonyCar

FastRedPonyCar Member

No I bought the GM's direct from Tim. Took a while for them to get broken in but MAN it was worth it. They're absolutely stunning speakers. I've got a pair of their clone speakers as well that came with my buzzbomb. When I sold the BB, the buyer wanted it empty so I got those in my closet. pity they're not the same impedance as the GM's... I suppose I could run each pair mono and run one set parallel wired and the other series to make a pair of 16 ohm loads and run the amp at 8 ohms.