• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less!

ShipNerd

Love this. Account created. Now to get my gear that’s been sitting at the US border since right before COVID.
International shipments require a commercial invoice to be created - You will easily create these documents on ShipNerd when getting your shipping label. Normally (for international shipments) you would expect to print up a shipping waybill, and 3 copies of the commercial invoice. With ShipNerd you'll just need to print up the shipping waybill as we transmit the commercial invoice to the couriers electronically when the label is generated. Just a heads up in case you were wondering where the commercial documents are :)

ChipOnly

"Charm is the ability to insult people without offending them, nerdiness the reverse" - Nic Taleb

BlueWolf

Platinum Supporting Member
I signed up and I was playing around with the App. I really like what you‘re doing. There’s tremendous potential here.

'59Fatburst

Silver Supporting Member
Hi Steve,

Is the package insurance handled by ShipNerd or is it through the individual carrier? If there was transit damage would we file a claim with ShipNerd or the original carrier?

Thanks!

ShipNerd

@'59Fatburst - It depends on whether additional insurance was purchased or not. If no additional insurance was purchased (Up to $100) then ShipNerd would handle filing the claim with the courier. If additional insurance was purchased, then you would file a claim directly with our insurance company. Please view this page in our FAQ:

Steve

-CM-

Something Clever Here
Gold Supporting Member
Is there something I need to do to get off your SPAM list, other than Unsubscribing every time?

I have a Marshall head I want to send to Calabasas CA from London, U.K.

Is that the sort of thing I would be better off doing via you?

ShipNerd

Hi,

Once you unsubscribe from our marketing emails you are permanently removed from the list.

@Johnny Ninefingers - Absolutely! You can easily price out international shipping rates on ShipNerd. You'll need to use the actual "Ship" form though, as the quick quote tool does not provide international (other then US / CA) ship quotes.

Steve

BlueWolf

Based on reading U-PIC shipping insurance coverage rules, I have some questions about insurance coverage. I’d also like to know the maximum allowed insurance. Can I ask these questions here or do I need to contact U-PIC directly?

ShipNerd

@BlueWolf - The maximum amount that we can insure a package for is $5,000.00 USD per box. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding coverage rules, or please feel free to reach out to U-PIC directly.

BlueWolf

@BlueWolf - The maximum amount that we can insure a package for is $5,000.00 USD per box. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding coverage rules, or please feel free to reach out to U-PIC directly.
In coverage, it states that the following are not covered:
  1. Accounts, bills, bullion, currency, deeds, evidence of debt, furs, original/fine art, computer chips, money, notes, securities, perishable cargo, precious/semi-precious stones, televisions, tickets, laptop computers, cellphones, personal goods, or similar property unless endorsed in writing.
Does this mean that you cannot ensure amplifiers and pedals that contain computer chips?

It also states that the following are not covered:
  1. Arising out of loss of market, latent defect, inherent vice, delay, loss of use, clean up costs, decay, changes in temperature or humidity, or other deterioration, any remote or consequential loss, whether or not arising out of a peril insured against.
Does this mean that if a shipment is delayed and a guitar is stuck on a truck or in a warehouse where the temperature reaches an extreme and damages the instrument, this would not be covered? And what is “inherent vice?”

Finally, what is the deductible on an insurance claim?

ShipNerd

@BlueWolf :

Per your questions:

(1) A computer chip that is attached to a board IS covered. If it's just a computer chip that has prongs exposed (unmounted) it's NOT covered. Per the coverage rules page:

"Computer Chips: Bare computer chips that are not attached to a circuit board"

(2) That statement is more geared towards perishable items (ie: food), however I will seek clarity from U-pic and confirm. I will say that we only work with couriers (not post), so delays are minimal.

(3) Inherent Vice: Defect in the nature of the product, as opposed to an external cause such as a forklift damaging the item.

There is no deductible, just the cost of the purchased insurance.

Steve

BlueWolf

@BlueWolf :

Per your questions:

(1) A computer chip that is attached to a board IS covered. If it's just a computer chip that has prongs exposed (unmounted) it's NOT covered. Per the coverage rules page:

"Computer Chips: Bare computer chips that are not attached to a circuit board"

(2) That statement is more geared towards perishable items (ie: food), however I will seek clarity from U-pic and confirm. I will say that we only work with couriers (not post), so delays are minimal.

(3) Inherent Vice: Defect in the nature of the product, as opposed to an external cause such as a forklift damaging the item.

There is no deductible, just the cost of the purchased insurance.

Steve
Thank you!

m0b1liz3

So can your service be used like an intermediary? There are a few items I am interested in the US but USPS recently stopped shipping to my country (Australia). If I buy an item from Ebay can I ship it to a Shipnerd warehouse and have it forwarded to Aus????

delac

Silver Supporting Member
Tried it myself -- ended up saving 30% on a shipment and ended up using the exact same UPS store I would have otherwise paid full price on. Good deal. Curiously, the fast shipping was cheaper than a slower shipment. Guess it's all about logistics and committing to ship within a narrow time window (30 mins to seal the deal, a day or so to drop the shipment). All to say, if you're thinking of using it, allow a few mins to register and set up card for payment, then agree an option quickly. Am a believer.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom