New Steven Tyler video.

Two-Octave

Mr. Tyler has never been a shy and reserved wallflower has he? -- :D

Dude decided to bust out a li'l ditty that possibly,may and may not be verified to be what some folks call 'country' ---- and well.... seems like that's a topic that gear page folks might have an opinion on. Or something.

Here ya go.

Last edited:

Hand of Doom

It's not country unless your voice sounds
Ike you're going through puberty every now and then, Mr Tyler.

Yer Blues

And to think that guy could write more songs with Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton, and Desmond Child.

Yer Blues

I actually think it would be cool if he did an album with the Velvet Revolver guys. Obviously it wouldn't be called Velvet Revolver, but I bet it would sound pretty cool.

Steve Foley

Hmmmm - not sure what I expected, but I think I kind of liked it.....

Nope - it's not Aerosmith or rock, and I wonder if it's really "country", but I suppose in light of the current country format, it's country in an Allman Brothers/Southern sort of way.

different, but likeable. easy to dance to....

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
Tyler's always had a very good melodic sense and, while the song is not incredible, it's not really bad either, just a bit generic.

I'd rather hear him sing it than a lot of other people.

-bEn r.

Two-Octave

Come on now y'all.

You didn't miss the microphone stand scarves did you? As a 'theme' or something. That's pretty dry humor right there! Steven has a sense of humor? --- Who knew? -- :dude

EDIT --- I was just reminded that the mic stand scarves is a nerdy band dork kind of thing. Well yeah.

Last edited:

StratoCraig

Is there some rule that says unless you're Taylor Swift you can't write your own songs and be "country"? I mean, Steven Tyler has written several great songs and many more good ones... why does he have to get songs from commercial Nashville writers just to be "country"? If country is such a part of him, as he says, why not write his own country songs?

"Love Is Your Name" isn't a bad song, exactly, but it's not all that great, and the lyrical conceit about "If love is your name, then..." is kind of strained. Is love really anyone's name? Does that even mean anything?

PW214

I usually love his stuff and went into the video thinking I might enjoy it like I enjoyed Kid Rock's venture, with his Born Free album. But it didn't move me.

Two-Octave

Scott Borchetta is the finest goblin from the netherworld I have seen in a long time. Good for him....and country old man Steven too...:aok

FFTT

I like it!

Glad he's staying with it.

Featured model is stunning!

Pay attention to the hippy commune reference.

1968 is coming full swing in popularity.

FFTT

Front man to one of the most talented, hardest working rock and roll bands in rock history.

mrbluetone

Looks like he got a copy of Robert Plants playbook and next up will be some ballads with a country/bluegrass girl and then during the tour we will be treated to some Aerocountry unplugged versions.

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member
I made it to 1:59 ... then my nose started to bleed

his voice is still strong enough to do some good rock.. but if this is what makes him happy.. so be it

Trending Topics