• Please use the following thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

New Stevens Neo Classic in sight

ultra

Guys,

I just got these progress pics from Michael Stevens for my pending flatback WM Classic.

Although they are of the guitar in the raw (sans finish), I can't contain my excitement and need to share them with you. Feast your eyes

Last edited:

Thor

Just an awesome guitar!!! Love the LJ style cuts on the back and really dig the no F-holes. Great figuring on the top to boot!!!

I am very excited for you and can't wait to see the final product and hear all about it!

-Edward

What's the construction method on that guitar? Looks like it's a mahogany body hollowed with a maple top, right? Like a Collins I35?

Looks very nice...! I love the back contouring he's done.

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
What finish?

What pups?

What size/radius of the neck?

I LOVE Stevens guitar...I'll echo Tim B.

(sigh)

Oh..and you're a DAWG! :D

S.
j

ultra

Just an awesome guitar!!! Love the LJ style cuts on the back and really dig the no F-holes. Great figuring on the top to boot!!!

I am very excited for you and can't wait to see the final product and hear all about it!

-Edward
Thanks Edward,

I am bonding heavily with it already, albeit over distance :)

I certainly will be giving it a detailed review and will also compare it to my other korina Classic. Stay tuned.

BTW, any ETA on your bass?

Alex

ultra

What's the construction method on that guitar? Looks like it's a mahogany body hollowed with a maple top, right? Like a Collins I35?

Looks very nice...! I love the back contouring he's done.

Construction is mahogany with maple top and tone chambers.

Classics have been in existence since 1982.

Collings has borrowed very heavily from Michael Stevens

The contouring is very cool. The leg contour is also a Stevens concept dating back to the early '80s

ultra

What finish?

What pups?

What size/radius of the neck?

I LOVE Stevens guitar...I'll echo Tim B.

(sigh)

Oh..and you're a DAWG! :D

S.
j
TNJ,

The pups will be Tom Holmes H450/H453 unpotted.

The neck is '59 large-ish with 25.5" scale, 6100 frets

It will have a wrapover tailpiece ala Gibson Juniors

The finish will be faded red, think "watermelon"

"Oh..and you're a DAWG! :D" Yah, I know.... and it feels great :)

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Sweet...
Just sweet...

Keep us posted with pix, man.

Hearty congrats!

S.j

ultra

Here is a tease pic of my new and impending Stevens Flatback Classic which is finish drying as I type this.

Michael Stevens tells me that it will be buffed out this coming week, assembled and set up.

I can hardly wait to get my hands on it.

Trending Topics