NEW Strobostomp Questions....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Last Nerve, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

At least I hope so...

Thinking about changing around my signal chain, and I'm wondering how many people have placed the Strobostomp LAST in line (meaning right before going into the amp)?
    Does it effect accuracy if placed there?
    Anyone tried the buffered output and if so what were the results?

2. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

the tuner does not like any drive pedals going into it. i keep it at the front to avoid having to turn off all my pedals before i tune.

3. Last Nerve

WOW....now that's why I come here.
    In over 20 years of playing, albeit MOST with a tuner, I have never thought about turning off all my effects when I do, and therefore, I don't know if I do that or not.
    I guess I"ll figure that out in the next couple days or so and figure that into the equation.

4. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

I put my StroboStomp on a "tuner-out" loop. But, I believe it's late in the signal chain. Never had a problem with the StroboStomp though.

5. erksin

erksin Member

I have mine in the middle of the chain right now - post Wah/ODs, pre modulation boxes. I have it after the Wah and Fuzz on purpose as those two boxes don't like having it in front of them. I don't ever hit it with the ODs while tuning, so I've never encountered any problems. I've also had it last, no issues.

The buffer sounds terrible IMO - at least compared to the buffers in my Hotcake, Axess BS-2, or LR Baggs Para DI...

6. dinrodef

dinrodef Guest

I've had to use the strobostomp in front of everything cuz the buffer sounds pretty bad.

When its at the end of my signal chain... it just destroys fuzz pedals, wahs, od pedals etc.

Found it best to put either in a loop or a second output of a 2 output pedal.

7. erksin

erksin Member

So you use yours in buffered mode then? In T/B mode, mine gets along fine with most other pedals - as long as it follows the Wah and Fuzz...

8. lhallam

lhallam Member

It's going to be awfully tough for a tuner to give the correct pitch with an active chorus or flanger as input.

9. Last Nerve

That's true...but I have neither.

I just can't recall if I turn off my ODs when tuning.
    Find out tomorrow..

10. dinrodef

dinrodef Guest

oops there's a mode??? Thanks

I have a bad habit of not reading directions..

Please forget my previous post... I'm an idiot...but the buffer does sound crappy

11. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

I use mine in TB mode, and it's the next-to-last pedal in a chain of 10. The pedal that comes after is an RC Booster. I like having the Strobo in this location (and in the chain) so I can use it as a sonic kill switch... no matter what's on or going crazy before the pedal, I can engage complete silence if I kick the pedal on.

And about having to turn off every effect for tuning and such (if you're running the Strobo after a number of pedals): how many pedals are you really using at once? How long does it take to ... say... click 4 pedals off?; that's probably the max I have on at any given time. And I don't use the Strobo for tuning on the fly- just sometimes in-between songs... my guitars hold their tunings very well. So, I have no problems running the Strobo that far down the chain... I prefer it down there!

-Ben

(and I hate the buffer too... it was hissy / noisy)

12. claptonisgood

claptonisgood Member

i have my Strobostomp last in the chain and run it in TB...the reason i have it last is to kill the signal to the amp...i usually only have two or three pedals in front of it so it is not much to turn of fx before tuning...

13. Teahead

Teahead Member

I keep my Strobo pretty far down the chain, in tb mode and it works fine. What I do have an issue with is the crappy jacks they used...:NUTS :BITCH