New Strymon Favorite/tab switch-any experiences?

hamerman55

Silver Supporting Member
I needed another Favorite switch for my Lex, and saw the new Favorite/Tab switch mini. Has anyone tried it?

jm9239

Silver Supporting Member
I've tried it with the Flint and El Cap and it works as advertised. No issues.

Last edited:

Tim Bowen

I use one with Flint as well. As tap tempo, & seems accurate. Only thing is, due to its tiny size, can be a bit wobbly on the board; I'm a velcro guy but am going to order some 3M Dual Lock to stabilize on the board a little better.

MogwaiBoy

I wish the Timeline and BigSky took Fav switches. Yeah they have presets galore already but it would be cool to always be able to get to just one from any other preset, without having to resort to Midi. That way you could have a bunch of reverbs on your BigSky but have a "Shimmer" saved on the Fav, always ready to go.

Since the Timline and BigSky have exp/tap inputs, surely it could be done via some firmware coding...

Ah well, dreams are free :)

Geosh

I wish the Timeline and BigSky took Fav switches. Yeah they have presets galore already but it would be cool to always be able to get to just one from any other preset, without having to resort to Midi. That way you could have a bunch of reverbs on your BigSky but have a "Shimmer" saved on the Fav, always ready to go.

Since the Timline and BigSky have exp/tap inputs, surely it could be done via some firmware coding...

Ah well, dreams are free :)
You could always just set the Shimmer setting you want to the 3rd switch of every bank of presets you use. I do that with an auto-swell setting I use fairly frequently and it works out great.

MogwaiBoy

You could always just set the Shimmer setting you want to the 3rd switch of every bank of presets you use. I do that with an auto-swell setting I use fairly frequently and it works out great.
Yeah I'm doing that for a bunch of banks - it's a good enough solution.

jurfin

not to derail - but with the flint - how do you configure it to send tap or favorite messages? is it something you could do in the middle of a set, or a more leave it one way or the other for each gig sort of a thing?

i had a T1M favorite that i sold a little prematurely, and i miss it, particularly when playing live.

Empros

not to derail - but with the flint - how do you configure it to send tap or favorite messages? is it something you could do in the middle of a set, or a more leave it one way or the other for each gig sort of a thing?

i had a T1M favorite that i sold a little prematurely, and i miss it, particularly when playing live.
You could do it in the middle of a set, but it involves powering down the pedal and powering it back up again while holding both footswitches down. When that happens, the Flint reads where the trem and verb toggle switches are, and those determine if it's expression pedal, favourite or tap.

Geosh

You could do it in the middle of a set, but it involves powering down the pedal and powering it back up again while holding both footswitches down. When that happens, the Flint reads where the trem and verb toggle switches are, and those determine if it's expression pedal, favourite or tap.
You would also have to open up the case for the Tap switch and change the jumper. It is not something you really would be doing between songs.

Empros

True, forgot about the Tap switch itself. If someone wanted to do that, they'd need two tap/favourite switches hooked up in an A/B loop or something to choose which one you want. Pretty inconvenient.