• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

New Strymon Pedal(s) - The "dig" And ?

off2kamp

Looks to be a digi delay. Whew! Saves me money. Timeline is already waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much delay for me.

TaterTaylor

Yeah, looks like a digital delay.

"adm" as a setting (matched with the Effectrons in multiple teaser images) combined with the dotted eight as a setting seems digital to me.

Seems a little odd given that the Timeline covers digital delay really well IMO. Maybe it doesn't go in-depth enough for some though. Not necessarily my cup o' tea, but I'm sure it'll sound good.

tobereleased

I wonder if (unlike the el cap and brigadier) it will be able to maintain full stereo separation throughout the effect?

Currently that's the only feature from a delay I'm in the market for - I already really like the stereo spread from my el cap and flint. If they're using rackmounted effects as the inspiration, it doesn't seem like too big an ask either.

macteacher

http://www.preservationsound.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/EffectronCatalog.pdf

I like this quote from the above: "Deltalab combined both the Super TimeLine@ and EFFECTRON series to come up with this one. lt is the best of both breeds. "

Effectrons are in the rack and that is the Super Timeline in the top of the rack that Pete's standing next to, no?

Deltalab ADM2048 Program, Super Time Line, Digital Delay, Flange, Double, Echo, Vintage Rack

Last edited:

rck

Silver Supporting Member
I wonder if it'll incorporate some aspect/s of the Destroyer Algo, from the Mobius, that folks like and is related to the "bit" parameter shown in the teasers?

Silver

I wonder if it'll incorporate some aspect/s of the Destroyer Algo, from the Mobius, that folks like and is related to the "bit" parameter shown in the teasers?
That'd be nice, but it's likely to only be set rates to emulate the older rack delay chips I think. 8 or 12 bit is my guess.

0xeneye

I have had a few Effectrons over the years and they ARE great. But why reinvent something that can already be had?

tobereleased

I think this is a relevant wikipedia page, discussing adaptive delta modulation (ADM).

It's the AD conversion method used in the effectron units linked above, and I also seem to recall that it's what the PT2399 uses (although strymon modelling the rack units seems more likely than modelling the cheapest, commonest delay chip available).

Last edited:

thesooze

Definitely called "Dig"
Definitely has rack gear involved
Definitely gonna be $299 and polarizing :)

I'm pretty sure it will be a small box digital delay. The Brig is dBucket, analog style, El Cap is dTape. this will be digital, hopefully with a bit control to simulate early digital sounds.

Mr. Limbic

Yeh this s starting to remind me of the vintage delay algorithm in the TF/H9. You can control the bits to mimic more vintage units. This is my tied favorite algorithm on the TF w/ the Tape sim. Seems like a likely thing for Strymon to do. Color me kind of interested if this is what it is. Does the rack its mimicking have a unique oscillation or quirky pitch when maxing feedback and manipulating the time knob?? Wondering if you will still be able to hold the footswitch for oscillation or if it will be more like an infinite hold feature (ala TF), or something I am not familiar with.

tobereleased

I wonder if, like the effectron units and the deco, it will be able to do short flange/chorus delay times. It seems like a likely option for the left toggle. Tap division seems to be on a knob instead of the toggle for the dig.

I would guess that if they do that, then the tap tempo would be for modulation speed on those short delay settings.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom