• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

New Stryper Song

Machew

Silver Supporting Member
I would have thought they would sound different than the past. It sounds like it could have been a song from the 90's. Not a dig, because I love this type of music.

chill

Am I the only one hearing a King Diamond influence, especially in the melody and vocal harmonies of the chorus?

ShredSquatch

Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist
Gold Supporting Member
Not bad the last few albums have been kinda meh...
One of my favs growing up... Was disappointed watching some of the old videos of live shows and Michael wouldn't hit the high notes.
This song starts out with a scream... will be interesting to see what he does live!

~ss

johnny q

Well, I like this one better than "GD Evil" when I first heard it - so that's positive. I thought GD Evil sounded horribly cliched, a bad impersonation or caricature of somebody/something.

Sidmore

no talent hack
Gold Supporting Member
I liked it and the guitar tone, while not great, isn't a deal-breaker. I saw them live a few times in the 80s and they always put on a great show.

jogogonne

This reminds me that even though guitar players bemoan that there's no guitar playing on the radio and in popular music, that if there was ... we wouldn't listen to it anyway.

I mean it's good stuff, but ... the same stuff ... Hair Nation, literally thousands of songs in the vault just like it.

ShredSquatch

Gold Supporting Member
Some of the big names from the 80's Glam Metal scene have aged better than others. Stryper are among those still in good shape. And Michael hasn't lost much range.
Did you see my comment about the shows I saw with him not singing the high notes... and when he did a few with Boston he didn't hit them either. I wonder why he chose not to do that?

~ss

Bankston

Did you see my comment about the shows I saw with him not singing the high notes... and when he did a few with Boston he didn't hit them either. I wonder why he chose not to do that?

~ss
Sorry, I missed that. We opened for Stryper a few years ago and I've seen Michael solo a couple of times. Sounded to me like he could still hit most of the high notes. He had ridiculous range when he was younger.

ShredSquatch

Gold Supporting Member
Sorry, I missed that. We opened for Stryper a few years ago and I've seen Michael solo a couple of times. Sounded to me like he could still hit most of the high notes. He had ridiculous range when he was younger.
Yeah he does have an amazing voice/range I was a little bummed when he didn't hit them on the Boston songs I saw him do.

~ss

Trending Topics