• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

New Stryper Song

Daniel Travis

Silver Supporting Member
Stryper's new stuff the past couple years I thought was pretty impressive TBH.

They've gone in a more power metal direction, and that can only be a good thing. It means more range in tempo, heaviness, and songwriting.

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
That track sounded great! Glad they're still at it and sounding so good. I still have my Stryper Bible that I caught 2nd row on the To Hell With Devil tour.
I remember seeing that tour. They were throwing the Bibles from the stage so hard they were hitting kids in the head ;)

BriSol

LOL!

The Yellow and Black Attack is Back!

Are these guys still able to fit into their old spandex stage wear?
True Story. 5 years ago I was working at Guitar Center. A big tour van rolls up in front of the store and in walks a band. It was Stryper. They didn't have the stage gear on and were in jeans and whatnot. They were pretty nice guys it seemed like. Nonetheless, after they left, we put on some Stryper in the back room at the end of the night and laughed, because they are somewhat of an inside joke in the metal community.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
Rhythm tone is like factory preset #4 on every MFX unit ever made. Solo is pretty killer tho, for sure. Sounds like Stryper

John 14:6

True Story. 5 years ago I was working at Guitar Center. A big tour van rolls up in front of the store and in walks a band. It was Stryper. They didn't have the stage gear on and were in jeans and whatnot. They were pretty nice guys it seemed like. Nonetheless, after they left, we put on some Stryper in the back room at the end of the night and laughed, because they are somewhat of an inside joke in the metal community.
People working at Guitar Center take some ribbing from many in the metal and music community also...

Doomrider78

Absolutely.

They were better when they lessened the overtly religious overtones on "Against the Law", but they seem to have gone back to ramming it down your throat again.

EndGame00

What made Stryper so unique back then was they didnt follow the same trope as the rest of the metal/hard rock community.... their musical style was much more aggressive compare to Ratt, Motley Crue, G&R, or any of those hollywood sleaze glam rock....

In God We Trust and The Rock that Made Us Roll... those were borderline power metal....how about Michael and Oz’s guitar trade offs?

83stratman

Silver Supporting Member
Against The Law is probably my favorite Stryper record, out of the ones I have heard.

Absolutely.

They were better when they lessened the overtly religious overtones on "Against the Law", but they seem to have gone back to ramming it down your throat again.

Rob Eddy

LOL!

The Yellow and Black Attack is Back!

Are these guys still able to fit into their old spandex stage wear?
Actually, yes. They toured in that stuff a couple of years ago.

When I was growing up, the only kids who listened to Stryper were the ones whose moms wouldn't let them listen to real heavy metal.
I listened to Ratt, Dokken, Crue, Maiden, Priest and Stryper. Among all of the others. ;)

Last edited:
I remember seeing these guys back in about '85 or '86. They put on a great show...but:

The promoter must not have gotten the memo about their format, because the opening act was a group called PKM - a very good local power trio that came out of a group called Nantuckett. So, here was this large auditorium filled to the limit with a bunch of high school aged kids, mostly with church youth groups.....and PKM started the show with this song:

I have never laughed so hard in my life as when I saw the response of every middle-aged soccer mom chaperone in the building.

ant_riv

Silver Supporting Member
I had a couple of students who loved their first recording, an EP if I remember correctly.
I think it was their first tour, they played at the Odeum when they came to Chicago, which was about 45 minutes south.

The students offered to buy my ticket if I’d drive, which was something that parents enjoyed because they didn’t need to attend and I was trusted to chaperone.

I was seriously impressed by Stryper at that show and became a fan.

I knew the songs from the EP, and had taught the kids a couple of them, but didn’t expect the band to be so good live!

Michael’s voice was impressive but the dual leads were incredible!
We were in the front row, and to see some of the harmony leads pulled off so tightly, including synced vibrato was awesome and a memory that is still vivid. Oz Fox and Michael were incredible together!

One of my students caught one of the Bibles they were hurling. No one was harmed that night! Lol!

Trending Topics