NEW Suhr Pete Thorn HSS Signature unveiled!

sinasl1

Man, Pete, I’d love to hear a few more words about the SSV vs Thornbucker/+ beyond “different animal” if you have a moment.

I’ve had SSVs in my Alt T and the TB/TB+ in an original first gen PT sig and a Modern T (covered and uncovered, in these respective guitars). All great sounding, but to my ears, I do think I get a tad more “push” from the SSVs, at least vs the covered TBs. John seemed to disagree with me a bit earlier in the thread, but curious to hear your (more expansive) thoughts on how the SSV compares tonally overall to the original TB/TB+ and the new TB2?

Congrats on the new sig… as someone who’s been long eyeing a standard pro for my next Suhr, my choice just got a lot tougher.
The SSV has, to me, a more... "even" response? That is cool but not exactly what I'm after. Maybe you hear that as "push". The Thornbucker with its different wind has a bit more of an open (a bit of single coil zing) response, that sounds like true PAF, Pat #, T-Top etc. style pickups. I think for me, it's that character that I dig and that i miss in a lot of modern PAF style and output pickups with matched coils.

sinasl1

I’ve had a couple of vendors tell me between January and next spring
Lots have been ordered by dealers, they would be the best source of info on ETA, as I believe they can track when guitars are going to be completed and shipped etc.

Sila042

I’ve had a couple of vendors tell me between January and next spring
Thanks, yea I called and they said at least a year, maybe more. Oh well by the time it hits store i'm sure I will have bought something else and then not have the money for it, like the last guitar launch I got excited about. It looks great tho, well spec'd.

mmarchi21

Platinum Supporting Member
Lots have been ordered by dealers, they would be the best source of info on ETA, as I believe they can track when guitars are going to be completed and shipped etc.
I ordered on Day 1, Inca Silver. The only reservation I have is regarding the V63/ML Classic pickups. I like the hotter MLos a bit better so we’ll see. Everything else looks perfect.

Ryno1331

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, yea I called and they said at least a year, maybe more. Oh well by the time it hits store i'm sure I will have bought something else and then not have the money for it, like the last guitar launch I got excited about. It looks great tho, well spec'd.
If this is actually true what a joke. If demo videos and website pages are going up I would hope for Suhrs sake it's really soon. If not they are going to lose a ton of sales which doesn't seem like something they'd risk. If so, it'd be the first time I'd be completely turned off by something John and Pete do.

Sila042

If this is actually true what a joke. If demo videos and website pages are going up I would hope for Suhrs sake it's really soon. If not they are going to lose a ton of sales which doesn't seem like something they'd risk. If so, it'd be the first time I'd be completely turned off by something John and Pete do.
That might just be the slot I could get it if I ordered it from the dealer I use. They might have other preorders, so i'm not saying it's anything other than being popular. Just asked if I wanted to order it what they thought it might take.

Python

I'll have the red one please. A2 is it for me. I've been thru the rest of the humbucker range, but always return to a A2 PAF style, they seem to sing and have great clarity. I look forward to trying these pickups.
I really like the red one, too but my JS Signature is the same color so I would probably choose one of the other colors just for some variety. Any of them would be awesome.

Python

If I can still afford one by the time they are available (I plan on retiring soon) I will get one. Unless you want to sell yours now, Pete

thebeebs

Looking forward to pictures of the graphite metallic color. Wonder if it will have a different color pickguard than the pearloid one for inca silver?

shadco

I have always been a single coil guy but…

I thought about the original PT version but the new one in Inca Silver has pushed me over the edge, especially the neck profile along with the bridge pickup combined with those single coils.

Great Job.

Den

Gold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
This looks to be exactly the Suhr I've been wanting to have built as a custom ... but didn't really know what it looked like. :D The fact that it's PT-approved makes it even more of a treat. Now to figure out how to wait for a year!!??? :oops:

Top Bottom