New Suhr T

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by patpark, Jun 19, 2006.

1. patpark

patpark Member

Got this over the weekend. Its a T style, 1 pc light weight ash body, 1 pc maple neck, even c slim profile, 1.687" nut width. Has the best tele tone with the #2 and #4 strat positions added. great sustain and I finally got my first T style after many years of playing hot rodded strats.

I'm normally a humbucker guy, but I'm going to stick with the braodcaster style bridge pu for now. But eventually might switch to a tele style hot rails. Any suggestions on a good hot output bridge pu that'll drop into the bridge plate? I like a good aggresive humbucker in the bridge. Th only thing I can find so far is the duncan hot rails.

[​IMG]

2. Teleplayer

Teleplayer Silver Supporting Member

John's Broadcaster bridge pickup kills. Why change it????

[​IMG]

:AOK

3. suhr_rodney

suhr_rodney Supporting Member

I sold my three pickup Suhr T last year and have recently come to miss it. I cringe at the thoughts of taking a router to mine, so I'll have to resort to keeping my eyes open for another one.

In one of my Suhr T's I put in a Fralin SP43, but eventually took it out because I missed some of the tele bark. For now I'm quite happy with the Suhr Broadcaster pickup though eventually I'm sure there will be something else I have to try!

4. HHB

HHB Member

does Suhr use a tummy cut on his T style?

5. patpark

patpark Member

mine has the tummy and arm contours. i guess you can order them with or without.

6. patpark

patpark Member

i agree, for that tele bridge tone there is none better. but i am an old 80s metal schooled guy and miss the power of the humbucker. i'm gonna leave it as is for now, but am curious about other options for a tele bridge pu that is humbucking or similar sound.

7. mr.mattphisto

mr.mattphisto Member

8. Teleplayer

Mine has a vintage body radius - no contours. Iused to have a semi-hollow Suhr T that had both arm and tummy contours. Also used to own an Anderson Hollow T that had both contours.

This time aorund, I wanted a real T.... ;)

9. Teleplayer

Have John wire a hotter single coil for you.

10. Teleplayer

11. patpark

patpark Member

i just might do that. i'm still going to experiement at some point and try some different pickups, just for kicks.

anyone have any experience with the bill lawrenmce l250tb? or what about barden style pickups?