New Super Superstrat Day!

Ripthorn

This guitar is the prototype for my Graviton model that I designed last year and finally finished up this weekend. The idea was to have a smaller bodied superstrat that wasn't super pointy. I'm not a shredder and superstrats in general never really interested me until I got some inspiration and set to work designing it. This particular one has the following specs:

• Walnut body
  • Curly redwood top
  • Maple/walnut/curly maple/bubinga neck
  • Black and white ebony fretboard
  • 25.5" scale length, 24 frets
  • Iron Gear Metal Machine humbuckers, direct mounted
  • Volume and pickup selector, no tone pot
It plays fantastically with a very low action. It's very well balanced and it can't weigh more than 7 pounds, though I haven't weighed it yet. I'm pretty stoked, despite a couple very minor imperfections. So without further ado, here is the Graviton:

Attachments

disconnector

It's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.
Gold Supporting Member
That fretboard is DROP DEAD SEXY! Love it!

How do you like those pickups?

Pongo

I'm not a shredder, either, so take this with a grain of salt... but that guitar looks fantastic. Love the fingerboard!

Congratulations on finishing it!

jwguitar

This guitar is the prototype for my Graviton model that I designed last year and finally finished up this weekend. The idea was to have a smaller bodied superstrat that wasn't super pointy. I'm not a shredder and superstrats in general never really interested me until I got some inspiration and set to work designing it. This particular one has the following specs:

• Walnut body
  • Curly redwood top
  • Maple/walnut/curly maple/bubinga neck
  • Black and white ebony fretboard
  • 25.5" scale length, 24 frets
  • Iron Gear Metal Machine humbuckers, direct mounted
  • Volume and pickup selector, no tone pot
It plays fantastically with a very low action. It's very well balanced and it can't weigh more than 7 pounds, though I haven't weighed it yet. I'm pretty stoked, despite a couple very minor imperfections. So without further ado, here is the Graviton:

That is a very unique guitar. I like the combinations of woods used.

skullfunkerry

That looks fantastic, nice work! I had a pair of Metal Machines in a Charvel a while back, they were great pickups.

String spacing looks pretty wide in the first picture; is that the case or is it just a trick of the photo?

Ripthorn

That looks fantastic, nice work! I had a pair of Metal Machines in a Charvel a while back, they were great pickups.

String spacing looks pretty wide in the first picture; is that the case or is it just a trick of the photo?
That is just a trick of the photo. String spacing is standard Gibson dimensions at both nut and bridge.

Trending Topics