New takes on Feel So Bad

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by scottl, Jan 13, 2006.

1. scottl

scottl Member

Hi,

I made some major revision to the post OD stack in my amp and voila... Smoother tone.

Just wondering if you guys agree. Another bathrobe special.... Heinously recorded without even tuning, before work today.

Clip 1 with OD snubs on medium bright setting http://www.scottlernermusic.com/glas/FeelBad04HRM39k270pf.MP3

Clip 2 with OD snubs on smoother setting http://www.scottlernermusic.com/glas/FeelBad04HRM39k390pf.MP3

Thanks for the ear.... Sorry for abusing this backing so many times!

Scott

2. fig

fig Member

Hi Scott-

There's something about the high end of the 390 that I like. But "overall" I like the 270.

Greg

3. scottl

scottl Member

Are they better than the ones from yesterday???

4. fig

fig Member

A lot better than yesterday's. BUT . . I still liked that one clip from last week the best.

Greg

5. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Hi Scott, have to agree with Fig. 270 sounds the better to me. However I still like the other one from the other day I listed before as the best so far.

I can't rember now though if that was pre-stack or post........

:)

6. scottl

scottl Member

Thanks guys!

Woody, the benchmark one has been the NO post OD stack. I am working hard to get a "grail" post od tone as well.... Nothing I am messing with has any effect on the grail no stack tone. Thank god.... LOL

I am trying to have my cake and eat it too.....

As an aside, I used an EQ to analyze some raw tracks versus some benchmark tones I had in mind. I discovered the Tonespotter need a bit of a bump around 1600hz. I then modeled the tonestack and made the appropriate changes to help the tone. I have several Eminence Red White and Blues on the way and it will be interesting to hear how these tweaks match up with a speaker with more robust mids....

Scott

7. Normster

Normster Member

I listened to the clips from yesterday versus today and think they all have some nice tonal qualities that would fit depending on the song. I definately prefer the 270 clips in both cases. Today's clip has the hair shaved off, but it still has a much richer harmonic quality than the 390. It's also a very articulate tone...really showcases the precision in some of your runs.

8. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Ah I see now. well it was a great tone so I'm glad to read you're keeping that one :AOK

PS: Can't wait to hear those Red White and Blues

9. scottl

scottl Member

Me too! Sounds like just what I need!

10. gsozz

gsozz Member

Clip 1 with the 270 sounded more Hi Fi to my ears. More articulate and easier to pick out each note.
    Greg

11. glasman

glasman Guest

Well Scott, looking at the response plots from the Eminence site, it looks like you are going to get that boost in the 1.5 to 1.6 range with the RWB.

I think I will have to order a couple to play with..... Now if they only made it in a 16 ohm version...... Kentucky are you listening?????

Gary

Tonespotter

[​IMG]

Red, White and Blues.......

[​IMG]

As requested here is the Wizrd Chart.....

[​IMG]

12. glasman

glasman Guest

As a final note on response, take a look at the Emi Delta PRO12. Notice ths similarity to the RWB (not as much of a presence peak). A lot of folks compare this speaker to a 12L (or maybe a 12S).

Gary

[​IMG]

13. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Tones? What tones? The playing is SMOKING!!! A years worth of new lines in every clip. Lol! I honestly think your "Josie" take is one of the best guitar solos I have ever heard. Oh yea, along with "Night in Tunisia", "Sunday jazz" and about 10 of your others. :AOK