NEW Tap-A-Phase, V3, pics inside...

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by Cusack Effects, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Cusack Effects

Cusack Effects Member

Here's a pic of the newest version Tap-A-Phase, available next week...

Jon[​IMG]

2. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

LOVE the colored boxes.
    The etching has always been cool!
    What are the toggles for? Nice placement, BTW. Doesn't look like you'd ever knock them or break them.

3. zion

zion Supporting Member

Toggles moved! YES!!

4. chewynodoubt

chewynodoubt Senior Member

will you be doing the same for the tap a whirl

5. Cusack Effects

Cusack Effects Member

Middle Toggle towards left is "Feedback", Middle is "Vibrato", and right is "Normal".

Right Toggle is the Bank Switch for the waveforms. Also notice I swapped the Option and Waveform knobs, so the Bank Switch is near the Waveform Knob now...

We'll do the same for the Tap-A-Whirl on the next go around, probably late this year...

Jon

6. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

7. soli528

soli528 Silver Supporting Member

Well, I recently picked up one of these second-hand, it's number 029, but has the mods to v.2 specs. I've "learned" the controls in the old layout, but this does appear to be an improvement.
    I can't believe there isn't more talk about this amazing pedal. Phase just isn't an effect that I would have seen myself "tweaking" a lot, but there are so many sounds in this little box that I've been laying down loops lately and fiddling with knobs & switches & ramps & brakes for long periods of time! Jon, are all the capabilities here by design? It almost seem like some of the tricks had to be happy accidents!

[​IMG]

I have simplified the board quite a bit, but the number of sounds I'm getting out of five pedals (BYOC Tri. Muff, TIM, DD-7, T-A-P, and Timefactor) is far beyond the recent 10-pedal incarnations of my board. Just in the T-A-P alone there are filter sounds, wah sounds, trem sounds, vibe, etc... Coupled with either the DD-7 before it or the Timefactor after it (or both) it's just too cool.
    I see a lot of discussion about the Tap-A-Whirl, but this has to be Jon's finest effort! I'm hoping to rekindle some discussion of this amazing box and I figure there's no place to do it better than in a thread about Jon's current revision. I hope there will be more T-A-P's out there in the future and we'll get some folks talking about their favorite uses and settings...
    I guess moving the toggles, etc... could have been the only real improvement to this pedal- it's good to see that has come about- here's to hoping that the Tap-A-Phase gets its proper respect!