New TC Nova System variant.

re-animator

i was hoping for a few hardware tweaks... the nova system was so close to being a home run but the lack of an effects loop and proper boost were serious oversights.

rsm

I dig my current Nova System. Doesn't look like there are any updated effects, software/firmware or hardware? Just a red case with artist presets? Pete Thorn has presets posted at the TC Electronic site...are these new or improved in the red NS?

FWIW, I didn't like the red limited edition G-System, luckily they added the improved input buffer from the limited to the regular silver version which is the version I have.

A software update to the NS would be great...maybe an editor?! Even my Zoom G2.1Nu has editor software!

Ampegasaur

I really liked the Nova system, EXCEPT no 4 cable method, and it really affected the tone when no effects were on. The drives were surprisingly good, better than some boutique pedals that I have owned. The delays and reverbs were great of course. I had to choose either loop, which of course meant no OD pedals, or in front which meant no delays or reverb because I use amp distortion quite a bit. Ended up selling to a friend who just uses it in front of the amp, and all his dirt from the Nova system into a clean amp. That is where it shines the best, and makes it a no go for what I am doing.

SnowfaLL

I really liked the Nova system, EXCEPT no 4 cable method, and it really affected the tone when no effects were on. The drives were surprisingly good, better than some boutique pedals that I have owned. The delays and reverbs were great of course. I had to choose either loop, which of course meant no OD pedals, or in front which meant no delays or reverb because I use amp distortion quite a bit. Ended up selling to a friend who just uses it in front of the amp, and all his dirt from the Nova system into a clean amp. That is where it shines the best, and makes it a no go for what I am doing.
Yea I wanted one too cause I prefer the TC chorus/reverb/delays over the Line 6 ones, but no 4cm really ruined it for me. I mean, its not just the drives, because that I could live with.. Its the drives/compressor/wahs in the front, or chorus/delays/reverbs in the loop.. Such a stupid design IMO.

But I suppose if it did have a 4CM on the Nova System, why would anyone buy the GSystem?

Trending Topics