New Teese RMC vs Older Teese RMC's???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kidmandude, Jun 12, 2008.

1. kidmandude

kidmandude Supporting Member

Anyone here know or hear, see a difference between the Older versions vs the newer ones? I've been a devoted Teese abuser owned over 1/2 a dozen..
    Wizard 3-different times, RMC1, RMC3 x2, 1-Picture.

I have an older 2000/2001 RMC3 Grey model, People it sounds killer and from what i can see inside & out and def hear there's a big difference between the newer models and the older ones...

I don't want to come down on Geoffrey but why would you board mount the jacks? I can only think its to save on costs of manufacturing?

Anyone?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  2. mfgobbi

mfgobbi Member

Besides looks, newer ones have fuzz friendly output buffer (foxrox design), and also the jacks are surface mounted (similar to Dunlop), while older ones are panel mounted.

3. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Do you really want an answer or are you just bored??
    Board mount jacks on effects pedals??? Been done for years.Nothing new here..Cost less? No! Actually cost more..Are they different? Sure RMC3's have had Halo Inductors for a few years not the SOD.. You know why this is always a shock? Because Geoffrey (Not Jeff) is not a Hype Machine.He makes improvements but just lets the wahs speak for themselves..I too own several RMC wahs.I think 14 of them. They all sound good,work good,never had a problem with any of them..Including the new models of the RMC3,2,Picture,and WOF..Great sounding wahs. Enjoyed you band site by the way.. Keith

4. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

i've had several of the older models and one new RMC2. my favorite out of all them is the gray RMC-3. just sounds great!

5. geetarman

geetarman Member

I've owned both new and old both sound great but I do prefer the older non-jack mounted board because they're easier to replace if need be.

6. kidmandude

Ok, yes I'm a little board, just wanted to chat about a great wah maker and what's been changing over the years. I'm using an older RMC3 that is awesome and very responsive it quacks for sure, I also have a real old RMC1 that has to be like from the first batch made plain metal housing, solid rubber pad on the top, a totally old model its very cool.

You mentioned Dunlop do you think there making the boards for Geoff now?

I haven't tried the Joe W. Model yet, I'm curious to hear how it sounds..

Thanks for the props on the band!!!

:AOK

7. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Seems there was an interview a few months back where Geoffrey said he and Dunlop had gone their separate ways a few years back..And after the FK-1 incident I doubt Geoffrey would let Dunlop wash his socks:D
    That said Dunlop is a BIG Manufacturer...The more you do the more mistakes happen..

8. kidmandude

Yes the FK-1 incident, that was nuts!! I didn't know that was public knowledge. Goes to show you how much i pay attention!!!

9. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

I believe the fact that many many FK-1's that were shipped did not work out of the box is public knowledge.Dunlop would repair them but?That is what I am speaking about..The Wah Case shortage was also public knowledge.I pay attention too.

10. sandman

sandman Member

:confused:

11. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

I believe the fact that many many FK-1's that were shipped did not work out of the box is public knowledge.Dunlop would repair them but?That is what I am speaking about..

12. kidmandude

BOT, Your kong fu is most impressive!! I did know about those happenings. Now are the newer shell housings made in China, not that it matters to me but since were updating the Teese manufacturing info history for TGP?

13. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

I have not got a clue where the cases are made.I do know he doesn't but them used off ebay:BEER

14. kidmandude

Hmmm, I think i know what your referring to regarding the ebay thang.

I was talking with AnalogTom, (yes I dropped a name) and we were talking about wah cases, I guess there hard to to buy? Thats If your trying to make your own?

"Maybe I can go into biz on making empty wah cases?"

:AOK