New TGP format .... what's the deal ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by ES330, May 26, 2015.

1. Hozay

Hozay Supporting Member

Yes, thanks. I had the same problem.

2. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

I guess the powers that be don't like it.

3. Tone Loco

Tone Loco Silver Supporting Member

Like what?

4. avalonpb

avalonpb Member

I feel compelled to comment here. I like that the search function actually works. First time EVER you can search for G&L on this board.

That said, I can't stand the new PM function. It is just plain awful. Make a single mistake and you loose everything you've typed -thats just retarded. Overall I'm not a fan of the new software. I'm getting old but I was fluent with the internet back when the only "forums" were Usenet based so i'm not a technophobe . The constant move towards (anti-social) social media with everything is just plain disheartening. I want to talk to musicians here. I don't want to share bulls*t on Tweeter or Facefook.

Dave Orban likes this.
  5. stilwel

stilwel Member

+1 LOVE the new search function...works great.

-1 HATE that you have to click twice to "Mark Forums Read", and 3 clicks when on mobile.

Mark Forums Read should work from the current Forum and down. Mark ALL Forums read should only be available from the top-level home page. The way it's currently setup is cumbersome and different than virtually every other forum I'm a member of.

Just my thoughts...

6. jthomps123

jthomps123 Supporting Member

The 'logged in' view of http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php needs the right sidebar better adapted to desktops/laptops with smaller screens. It appears to be set to a %, and its compresses the main content (forum listings) to the point where the vertical stretching is horrible - the descriptions of each forum really screw up the layout. Its not optimized for normal/non-16x9 laptop resolutions IMO. Either the sidebar needs to be a smaller %, or an @media query used below a certain width to do away with the descriptions. JMHO.

7. richsteele

richsteele Supporting Member

how do you start a thread, post, conversation, I just want to sell an item , so confused

8. jeffluke137

jeffluke137 Member

I can't find where to start a thread now either.....it was there the other day