1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

New TGP format .... what's the deal ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by ES330, May 26, 2015.

1. Hozay

Hozay Supporting Member

Yes, thanks. I had the same problem.

2. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

I guess the powers that be don't like it.

3. Tone Loco

Tone Loco Silver Supporting Member

Like what?

4. avalonpb

avalonpb Member

I feel compelled to comment here. I like that the search function actually works. First time EVER you can search for G&L on this board.

That said, I can't stand the new PM function. It is just plain awful. Make a single mistake and you loose everything you've typed -thats just retarded. Overall I'm not a fan of the new software. I'm getting old but I was fluent with the internet back when the only "forums" were Usenet based so i'm not a technophobe . The constant move towards (anti-social) social media with everything is just plain disheartening. I want to talk to musicians here. I don't want to share bulls*t on Tweeter or Facefook.

Dave Orban likes this.
  5. stilwel

stilwel Member

+1 LOVE the new search function...works great.

-1 HATE that you have to click twice to "Mark Forums Read", and 3 clicks when on mobile.

Mark Forums Read should work from the current Forum and down. Mark ALL Forums read should only be available from the top-level home page. The way it's currently setup is cumbersome and different than virtually every other forum I'm a member of.

Just my thoughts...

6. jthomps123

jthomps123 Member

The 'logged in' view of http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php needs the right sidebar better adapted to desktops/laptops with smaller screens. It appears to be set to a %, and its compresses the main content (forum listings) to the point where the vertical stretching is horrible - the descriptions of each forum really screw up the layout. Its not optimized for normal/non-16x9 laptop resolutions IMO. Either the sidebar needs to be a smaller %, or an @media query used below a certain width to do away with the descriptions. JMHO.

7. richsteele

richsteele Supporting Member

how do you start a thread, post, conversation, I just want to sell an item , so confused

8. jeffluke137

jeffluke137 Member

I can't find where to start a thread now either.....it was there the other day

9. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Supporting Member

Is that why my iPad Pro screen is all wonky? I realize it’s bigger but now everything is all squished to the sides and the menu is on the right but a lot of times 1/3 of the screen is just white. It’s making my head hurt.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  10. No_Stairway

No_Stairway Supporting Member

I have no complaints but do have a wish list item. I would love to be able to ignore threads from the new posts thread list. I realized a while back there are several threads with 1000's of replies I don't participate in as well as newer threads I have no desire to participate in. I've probably ignored 20-30 threads so far it's just a pain to open it just to ignore it. FWP I know

11. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

I think this just started happening to me: the Trending Topics are showing up now also in individual open threads, in addition to the main page with all of the forums showing. How do I get it to stop?

12. Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob Supporting Member

13. LaXu

LaXu Member

On desktop the sidebar is just awful, it provides no relevant information for me, all it causes is more scrolling and images showing up smaller because I don't want to run my browser in fullscreen. Please just make it possible to hide.

I haven't checked it on my 12.9" iPad Pro yet but I bet it makes the website unreadable because it does not scale well. The sidebar on desktop/laptop/large tablets will take too much space and make the forum content hard to read.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  14. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

Go to bottom left of the page and choose TGP test style and it’s back to normal.

15. WordMan

WordMan Member

I did not know that! I scrolled to the bottom of the page and sure enough, there's a style selector. I opted for Tablet here on my laptop, and it removed the sidebar! Yay. Thank you.

Blix likes this.