• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New The Who song - Be Lucky

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
Wow, that's legit The Who. Feels like it could fit on Who's Next (stylistically). Not bad at all!

The Who said that proceeds from the song would go to a cancer charity founded by band leaders Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Never been a big The Who follower/fan, but that sure has the signature sound/songwriting going on, sounds great.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
Not sure either. It's not a bad song but there's something missing. Kind of 'white bread'
What's missing is the original rhythm section: Ox and Moon. They're gone, it will never be quite the same, there's no sense pining. When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around. I like it.

Noise Under The Floor

A happy-go-lucky chap, always dressed in black.
Platinum Supporting Member
Wow, that's legit The Who. Feels like it could fit on Who's Next (stylistically). Not bad at all!
Agreed. At very least its better than anything from that Endless Wire attempt from a few years back.

I was just listening to The Who Sell Out today. The remaster with the extra bonus tracks. Forgot what a great song Melancholia is.

KissTone

Silver Supporting Member
It reminds me of some of the unreleased material that shows up on the remastered albums---or the Pete solo tune "Keep on Working" from Empty Glass.

Chris Scott

What's missing is the original rhythm section: Ox and Moon. They're gone, it will never be quite the same, there's no sense pining. When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around. I like it.
As they would say 'cross the pond - short, sharp, shock.

...in other words, quite well put mate.

I-IV-V

Silver Supporting Member
I like it. Listened to the whole thing. I didn't even know this was coming out.

lindelltodd

From what I've seen in the past few years Roger struggles a bit vocally when performing...understandably. He was 50 years younger when some of their music was released.

That being said, he sounds great on this track. Pretty good overall. I like it.

Top Bottom