New Timeline firmware "killdry" function BUG, can others confirm?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Geetarpicker, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Geetarpicker

Geetarpicker Member

The new firmware for the Timeline adds a "killdry" function, but it only seems to partially work. This new feature is essential for folks wanting to use the unit in a parallel effects loop, or parallel wet/dry rig. Killdry should totally mute the dry signal both when ON and when BYPASSED/OFF, but it appears to only mute correctly half the time.

The new "killdry" function is in the global parameters.

Problem is the Timeline defaults back to passing a dry signal when OFF/BYPASSED, even with the Killdry activated. Now the weird part is once you click back to off/bypass (with Killdry activated) if you then jiggle the mix knob by a slight twist the pedal will then go totally silent like it should have done in the first place. Very odd. Some pedals (TC Electronics Repeater and Toneprint pedals) need to be in buffered bypassed mode for this to work, but I tried this on the Timeline but still no go.

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

2. Geetarpicker

Geetarpicker Member

I tested two new Timelines yesterday and they both had this same issue, but not sure if perhaps both these units were defective or if it's simply a firmware issue with the new parameter. FYI you don't need a parallel loop to test this. Just plug a guitar straight in and activate the global "Killdry" setting, then play the pedal clicked ON and OFF.

Thanks!

3. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Member

I replied to your other thread yesterday that I had the same problem with mine.

4. Geetarpicker

Geetarpicker Member

5. ringemaster

ringemaster Member

Confirmed here as well.