• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Tinman Pine Tele!!!!

twangbanger

Just got this Saturday from Trip (Goes by Tinman here on the Gear Page) Maybe he'll chime in w/ the particulars on the guitar. It has a Pine body and a big fat neck w/ Fralin stock 2.5% overwinds. It is prettier in person, I'm not real good w/ a camera. Tinman also built one of his own w/ brown leather.

ThugLife

mmmmmm . . . . I loves me some teles!!! I got 3 of my own, but this one is making me think a 4th is in order!!:banana I haven't heard a pine tele before. How does it sound?

twangbanger

mmmmmm . . . . I loves me some teles!!! I got 3 of my own, but this one is making me think a 4th is in order!!:banana I haven't heard a pine tele before. How does it sound?
This one is bright and twangy.went w/ 2.5% overwound on this one because of pine being brighter and must say it worked out great. The neck PU also sounds wonderful.

Tinman

Geez, you could have used clean sheets for the photos! Yes, yes, thank you, thank you. I use only the finest Corinthian leather, whatever that is. Congrads to Twangbanger for cutting his first nut. (And there was almost no bleeding) Now post one of those pics on the Pinewood Derby thread and Photoshop out those stains. Took a gamble on the pine species. Couldn't find any info on the tonal qualities (or lack thereof) of Ponderosa pine. It turns out that it sounds very good.

Last edited:

Tele71

Platinum Supporting Member
Me Likey. I'm going to have to build a pine bodied Tele one of these days.....
Very nice guitar.

twangbanger

Geez, you could have used clean sheets for the photos! Yes, yes, thank you, thank you. I use only the finest Corinthian leather, whatever that is. Congrads to Twangbanger for cutting his first nut. (And there was almost no bleeding) Now post one of those pics on the Pinewood Derby thread and Photoshop out those stains. Took a gamble on the pine species. Couldn't find any info on the tonal qualities (or lack thereof) of Ponderosa pine. It turns out that it sounds very good.
Hey Tinman just hope my wife doesn't read your post! I thought maybe when you get around to finishing your piner we would post the twins together on the pinewood derby thread. Think I'll go plug her in.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Hey, what's the dilly-yo? I thought Tinman didn't build for other people anymore. If that has changed, Trip - looking for any work :)
I have your old Mahogany/Walnut Tele with Fralin P92's -- amazing guitar. Now, if I could only hunt down that Pinecaster that Jaydawg76 built me (that I stupidly sold away) I'd be all set!

Tinman

Hey, what's the dilly-yo? I thought Tinman didn't build for other people anymore. If that has changed, Trip - looking for any work :)
Well, Twangbanger is a special case. He's one of my main side-kicks, a band-mate, and a solder slingin' circuit-master amp tech. Plus he gives a great foot massage.

twangbanger

Well, Twangbanger is a special case. He's one of my main side-kicks, a band-mate, and a solder slingin' circuit-master amp tech. Plus he gives a great foot massage.
I'm a special case alright... As far as the foot massage,he was after all wearing his socks.

gkoelling

+1

Come on over and post for us.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/370889

Fantastic work, Tinman!

Trending Topics