• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New to comps, compare me the Keeley & MXR '76 RI?

drod1985

I'm getting a great deal on a Keeley Compressor (and Katana!) from a buddy of mine. Never used a compressor before, only became slightly interested in them as of late.

Haven't gotten to fool around with the Keeley yet, but how would the new Dyna Comp Reissue compare to it? Just wondering if I should sell the Keeley compressor and invest in one of the MXR's?

hurleysurf

They are going to be pretty similar since they are both of Ross origins. I've owned both and feel that the MXR is a bit quieter. I'd hang on to the Keeley though until you decide you don't like it before immediately selling it off.

drod1985

Yeah, I definitely won't be selling the Keeley right away. Gonna give it some time. It's a 4 knob version, btw.

Also, I'm up for some ideas as to placement. I think the first place I'll put the comp is after any clean boost/OD, to get the dynamics in gain, but then even out the volume....

hurleysurf

Ohhh... a 4-knobber eh? Never tried it, but it's not too different than the standard version electronically, if at all really. Even still, give it a shot in your setup and you may find you're perfectly content with it (which is totally fine! It's a great pedal!).

I always run my comp after fuzz and before OD. It just raises the overall noise floor if I run it after ODs. YMMV.

drod1985

Okay, cool. As far as I know there is no difference between the 2 knob and 4 knob version other than the fact that the 2 knob version has the missing 2 knobs as trim pots inside the pedal.

drod1985

Bump. Now that I'm a bit familiar with the Keeley 4-knobber, I'm still interested in hearing comparisons to the new Dyna Comp reissue....

Rockprocess

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a long time Keeley 4 knob user and actually preferred it over the Analogman bi-comp. However, I think the new reissue has them all beat. Both the Keeley and Analogman cut some of the high end, not so with the DC reissue. I would recommend playing one first though before parting with the Keeley.

Trending Topics