• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New (to me) old Ampro amp

Brock

I just picked this up today and don't know much about it except it very heavy. It has treble, bass, volume for channel three and four together, and separate volumes for channels one and two. Tons of blackface RCAs including two 6l6 power tubes. Anybody know anything about this amp? I'm going to take it to my tech and see if it can be used for a guitar amp. I don't see why it couldn't. Any insight would be great.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

nmiller

Drowning in lap steels
Ampro made PAs, primarily for movie projectors I believe. They were usually sold as sets with amps and a pair of speaker cabs with very long cables attached. The cabs often show up by themselves because of their great art-deco styling. The amps themselves are pretty rare nowadays, and I've never seen one as big as this. While it can be used as a guitar amp, it wasn't designed as such and may benefit from some mods; Skip Simmons's site has some words about this.

Trending Topics