New (to me ) Sunface / quick review

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sqadan, Jun 23, 2008.

1. sqadan

sqadan Member

Well I just received a used AnalogMan Sunface NKT-275 that I purchased from another TGPr.

I have to say... I thought I would never keep a Fuzz pedal. This thing sounds incredible...

It cleans up with both your playing dynamics and your volume knob, is incredibly musical and pleasing to the ear, and lacks the harshness of just about every other Fuzz I've tried. I'm playing a 62Ri Strat / Les Paul R7 and a LP Special with P-90s primarily through a DRRI and this thing just smokes. :phones

Analogman really hits it out of the park with this thing!

1 question... where is everyone putting Fuzzes in their chain these days? After boost / comp and before OD? Just curious as to the best spot for this little guy.

2. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

The AM sunfaces are fine pedals. I would run it first.

3. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

Preaching to the choir around here. It's a great pedal. I own the NKT-275 and ordered his BC-108 fuzz last week. I put mine as early in the chain as possible. Just go with what sounds best to you.

4. Franklin

Franklin Member

Place it as close to the guitar as possible -it effects the volume knob roll off feature if you put anything in front of it. I like it with a boost and comp before, but I have a Sunlion (Treble boost after). I don't use a compressor at the moment.

5. TheGigPig

TheGigPig Member

For my money it's the best out there. I have loads of A.M. stuff. I am constantly A/B ing things and his gear is consistantly at the top of the pile. The SunFace is just wonderful.